Subaru Outback Forums banner

What did you do with your 5th Gen Outback today?

2M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  quickster2 
#1 ·
I washed it inside and out....looks new again :D
I also discovered a small 2 inch scratch so I made a touch up. I still need to work on it a little but it'll look ok once I'm done with it....

#13 ·
In my case, one of the scratch was a little too deep for scratch remover i had to fill it in a tad. It looks ok and you probably couldn't find it if i didn't tell you where to look, but i can still see it. I'll work on it a little more but the key to hide a touch up is to cover it with some clear once you are satisfied with the paint touch up. I aply it over my touch up with a very fine brush.

#16 ·
Question for Johnny-D: Forgive my ignorance, but is that an aftermarket hitch? If so, is it better to go aftermarket than the factory hitch?
The factory hitch was over four hundred dollars. I planned on installing it myself but if you have one installed it is over $700.00 and it is a 1-1/4 hitch. Everything I own is setup for a two inch hitch. I have a modular bike rack that expands to four bikes and I didn't want to use an adapter, it is much stiffer mounted in a two inch hitch. I also tow a utility trailer and my attachments are two inch. The factory hitch looks better and will tow the same amount. I should have waited, other companies are coming out with nicer looking hitches that look more like a factory hitch. Torque lift I think also makes a good looking hitch or is coming out with one that is still half the price of a factory hitch.

#27 ·
Opti-Coat?

Was contemplating doing the Opti-coat pro on our Outback when it arrives. Can you tell us any more about your experience?

How much did it cost? Any drawbacks you can think of?

I was actually going to let the dealer here in Northern California do the "Perma Plate" stuff to get the interior/exterior warranty, but the more I googled it, the more I realized it may be junk and you are only paying for the warranty... which may be valuable, but I actually good paint protection and limit the amount of detailing and waxing I have to do.

Opti-Coat and cQuartz seem to be the only two legit options out there. If anyone has detail on these, especially in Nor Cal area, I'd love to hear about it!

thanks, and congrats on the red Outback. Ours arrives in November.

#49 ·
Yesterday night, i took mine at the dealer to find my OB a girlfriend.... Across the dance floor, we spotted a real babe, 4 doors, a hood scoop ,
268hp named WRX....what a ride!!!!
:)
Almost signed up for one.... To be continued.