Subaru Outback Forums banner

2015 Delivery times in Canada

9K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Jeffinportmoody 
#1 ·
I hope I'm posting in the correct area, I'm wondering what other folks have been told by their dealer on delivery times for the 2015 Outback. I places an order on Sept 30 2014 for the Limited 3.6R with Eye-Sight. Haven't heard anything from the dealer since, and it's almost impossible to find this vehicle anywhere on the West-Coast (Vancouver, Vancouver Island). :|

#2 ·
When I tried to order in late September, Vancouver area dealers were into their January/February allocations. Dealer is trying to find mine in another part of Canada but I have my doubts as there's a lot of demand. My order was submitted in late October so definitely not until 2015, I would say. 2015 3.6 Ltd w/Tech.

#9 ·
GlennBartley,

I ordered my 2015 Outback 6MT in the second week of July. It arrived at my dealer (Ottawa) on 1 Nov for a 6 Nov pick-up (I could have received it as early as 4 Nov). Just shy of four months!

Since the car is built in Indiana, I'd factor on a ~ 4 month wait from when you ordered it. This is probably at the edge of what the average customer would accept for a mass-produced product, so I'd agree with AkitaGuy that another shift at the plant would help address the backlog!

#14 · (Edited)
What l/100km are you getting? (We put a deposit down on a black touring with MT last week with absolutely no indication when they'll find one).

From all the reading I've done about the benefits of the CVT I'm not sure we made the right choice with the MT, not to mention the fact I didn't get to test drive it (we drove a limited CVT overnight).

#15 ·
I'm getting around 10l/100km in moderately heavy city (70%) and light suburban (30%) traffic. My average on the highway is around 8l/100 km, but that was at varying engine speeds (in accordance with Subaru's break-in recommendation) in cool/cold weather during the first 500 km of engine life.

I figure the fuel economy will improve slightly over the break-in period. A big rise in economy is expected in the Spring when the weather warms. This is based on the 7.2l/100km that I routinely got in my 2010 Forester in highway driving (which was far less aerodynamic that the Outback -- if wind noise is any indication of Cd).

#16 ·
I've placed my order last Monday (Nov 17th) and I was told that it will be delivered mid to end of January. My new Subaru is 2015 Outback 2.5i LTD, Technology package with EyeSight. I'm hearing all this delays and longer waiting time. On the other hand, I also hear people say they received their Outback quicker (after only 3-4 weeks after ordering). I understand that LTD with Tech/EyeSight package takes longer, due to shortage on EyeSight, but I think it's not always the case. Is vehicle allocation also depends on the dealership, I mean depends on how big the dealership is? My dealership tried to convince me that they can get the vehicle quicker, because they are the largerst dealer in town. At this point, I don't know what to expect. I just want my Outback as promised in January! Any thoughts?

#17 ·
My dealership tried to convince me that they can get the vehicle quicker, because they are the largerst dealer in town.
While it is true that this year's allocations are based largely on last year's sales volume, salesmen have been known to lie to make a sale. YMMV.

#18 ·
2015 Outback Touring (Canadian Model) with Eyesight, Hitch
Ordered: August 11
VIN assigned: October 29
Estimated arrival: 6 weeks (Wednesday, December 10) to Vancouver, BC

On Friday, I received word that they'll "have some good news for me this week" which, of course, means they already know something and aren't telling me. Frustrating.

#21 ·
Hey Bucky...

I've been pestering my dealer every week, asking continually if I have a VIN assigned yet. Finally he replied (I kid you not), "Finally got VIN". I had to ask him separately to actually *provide* the VIN. Aargh.

It then sat in a weird status: '“Off Line”--- ready for booking' for 3 weeks. Finally it switched to "In Transit" on November 21, which is where I sit now.

I still go on vacation, a drive through the rockies, starting next week... eeek.

#22 ·
So excited! I just got the call... it arrived yesterday, will be ready to pickup tomorrow morning!

Vehicle: 2015 Outback Touring with Technology Package (Canada)
Equivalent: 2015 Outback Premium with Eyesight & Moonroof (US)

Ordered: August 11, 2014
VIN received: October 29, 2014 (11 weeks from order)
Arrived at Dealer: December 4, 2014
Pickup by me: December 6, 2014 (17 weeks from order)

Dealership is located in Vancouver, BC

#24 ·
Hello all fellows Canadians, I am in BC and deal with a dearer who first said in his email that they have the car on the lot so I agreed to buy from them. Once he got me to agree on the price, the dealership left me a voice mail after hours on my work phone instead calling my cell and said someone bought the car I was negotiated for despite the fact I gave my credit card for deposit 2 days earlier to ensure it is mine. Then the salesperson said they have another one exactly as I want it and "the car is already maid and just waiting for shipping" so I agreed to stay with them as the arriving time was quoted to be 20 days at most. We signed the purchase price, I paid lager amount of money up front with the promise the car will be there within 2 to 3 weeks max and that the VIN will be given to me the following Monday. It is now almost full 2 weeks after we did the paper work and I still do not have VIN. The salesperson gave me VTN and told me it is in transit. A call to Subaru Canada yesterday left me with a doubt I will get my car as promised. According to the person I spoke to, the dealer should have the VIN and the estimated delivery date if the car is already made. Any attempt to speak to the sales manager of this dealership or to get any time frame proved to be unsuccessful.
I feel terrible as I took this dealer's offer versus another one who had the car located for me in another province and was able to deliver it shortly but I had to travel further to get it. I want White 3.6R Limited with Tech package, fenders molding, back seat guard and bumper guard.

#25 ·
I ordered the exact same car (in Ice Silver Metallic) from a BC dealer last October and still no delivery date...When I ordered it they estimated February/March. So if your dealer was able to get you one from the pipeline sooner than that, that's great...especially if you're in the Vancouver area as the 3.6 Ltd w/Tech is pretty much an order-only option around here. If it was me, I'd be patient for a few more days unless you really think there is one somewhere else that you'll get quicker.

Either way, if you back out, I believe your dealer will have zero problems selling that car within a day or two of it hitting the lot

#27 ·
I understand the delay and all that, what got me upset is the dealer's lack of forthcoming. First they told me they have the car in stock and I gave my credit card to secure it while we negotiated the price. Then all of the sudden the car was not available!
And if that was not enough,after heated discussion I was promised the car I want in 2 weeks yet the 2 weeks are over tomorrow and I do not even have a VIN or any information on when to expect it. At least you guys were given some right out of the start estimation about the delivery.
What gets me upset the most is the fact that I turned down another dealer who located the car for me outside of BC and proposed to bring it for me and I did not take it as the delivery time was the same as the one given for the allegedly already build and ready to be shipped car.
It looks like Subaru sales are doing great, what is the need of this questionable at the very least sales technique.
As a matter of fact it looks very much like what I read here:
Copyright (c) Queen's Printer,

Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act
[SBC 2004] CHAPTER 2

Part 2 — Unfair Practices

Division 1 — Deceptive Acts or Practices
Deceptive acts or practices

4 (1) In this Division:

"deceptive act or practice" means, in relation to a consumer transaction,

(a) an oral, written, visual, descriptive or other representation by a supplier, or

(b) any conduct by a supplier

that has the capability, tendency or effect of deceiving or misleading a consumer or guarantor;

"representation" includes any term or form of a contract, notice or other document used or relied on by a supplier in connection with a consumer transaction.

(2) A deceptive act or practice by a supplier may occur before, during or after the consumer transaction.

(3) Without limiting subsection (1), one or more of the following constitutes a deceptive act or practice:

(a) a representation by a supplier that goods or services
(v) are available if they are not available as represented,

(vi) were available in accordance with a previous representation if they were not

(viii) will be supplied within a stated period if the supplier knows or ought to know that they will not;

#26 ·
Ordered my Twilight Blue 2.5 Limited with Eyesight end early September. I'm told it was built the week of Christmas and to expect it mid January, but it's still "on the train". They also have constantly been trying to find one via dealer trade but there are simply none around. A bit over a week ago they found one in port in Vancouver, destined for Calgary, that they got my hopes up that they I might have it in a couple days but I guess they weren't able to get it. After that, I complained enough that they gave me a used 2015 Forester as a loaner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.