Subaru Outback Forums banner

Passenger side power window issue?

78K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  Palacino_cc 
#1 ·
I just noticed today that my driver side door control for the front passenger window isn't working. The controls for the rear windows on the driver door are fine, and the passenger front window will open/close fine using the passenger side door control. I have tried the window lock/unlock button.

Is there something simple I may be missing or is this likely an issue?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
I could be wrong. I read about the dead battery solution in forums for other cars and tried it on mine. Since it worked i assumed that was it. But maybe it was the same as you where for some unknown reason it just stopped working for several hours and then started again

#12 ·
You're inadvertently setting the CAN. Whenever you disconnect the battery it must be re-set. The way it's re-set is by rolling the window down half way, using the passenger switch. Then rolling the window back up and holding it for about 5 seconds. In all the frantic rolling up and down Y'all re-set it, LOL!

#13 ·
Wow - my battery died and I had the same issue on my 2015 OB - the drivers side switch for the passenger window wasn't working.The solution to use the the passenger side switch to roll the window down halfway, then hold roll up for 5 seconds solution worked for me. I think I heard a click too. Thanks all!

#15 ·
Happened on my 2016 following battery replacement. Driver window wouldn't work at all initially. After a day it would work but the auto down feature didn't work on the driver or passenger window. Next day auto down worked on one, then about 3 days later it worked on the other. Completely strange.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.