Subaru Outback Forums banner

Wiper Blades

11K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  jsmith6 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any luck finding third party wiper blades? I'd love to get Rain-X wiper blades but their site doesn't have any 2015 cars on it. Don't want to buy direct from Subaru unless I have to.

#3 ·
I'm confused here, my finance manager at Subaru dealership said wiper blades were replaced for free. I asked my sales guy and he said NO, that it was not covered as anything with wear and tear is not replaced for free. Can someone confirm which is right please?

#4 ·
Well I would go back to the dealer and show him the Subaru Outback brochure that lists warranties. 3 year 36000 mile wear item limited warranty includes wiper blades. Ask why you would have to pay for wiper blades and not pay for any other item in the warranty section?

#6 ·
Can anyone recommend "non-freezing type blades (winter blades)," which are recommended on page 8-10 of the 2015 Legacy/Outback manual?

My dealer sent me this, quoting his parts department:

"Due to extreme stiffness, they do not recommend the winter wipers as they do not adequately mold to the curvature of the windshield. ***** recommends the “beam blade”which can be used year-round."

Is this correct?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.