Subaru Outback Forums banner

New 2.5 Limited Wilderness Green OB

9K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  pgh 
#1 ·
All I can say is Wow! Traded in our 2009 OB and what a difference 5 years makes. The 2015 limited has every option except body moldings. Only had the car 2 days but so far here's what I found:

1. Much, much quieter than the 2009 OB, tires, windows, etc No issues with wind noise (so far).

2. Much, much more power with 2015 engine. All aspects of driving are so superior to the 2009 (power, handling, noise, visibility).

3. The ES and other safety programs are not intrusive sounding (low volume beeps) and they are intuitive to the cars movement. I drove for 25 minutes, city driving, with no beeps because I behaved well. And the car understood my moves.

4. The HK is stellar sounding. Sure, audiophiles will rightly complain because there ARE better, more expensive systems out there after market. My analogy is a nice custom-shop Martin guitar, compared to a small botique guitar maker that can sometimes make a better sounding guitar, for a lot more money. This is a car, after all....

I find these "issues" to be true, but NOT a deal breaker: The passenger front seat should have the option to raise height; the seat heaters suck, much better on the 2009. It could be that the leather just won't heat as much as the cloth do. I don't mind the size of the clock display, or its location....though I can see why some might argue. That's it for negatives. tidbits, really...

5. Did I say how smooth the ride is compared to our 2009?

Luv this car and thanks to everyone here I was able to know a lot about the 2015 before it arrived!

John

See less See more
#2 ·
Lucky You! I'm still waiting for my 2015 OB 3.6R Limited, replacing my very old 1998 OB (had since new!) I also agree with your points about the clock and other tidbits. The only thing is when test driving I also found the heated seats lacked heat compared to my old OB (but don't work any longer) I also compared them to my 2004 Mercedes C Class that has some of the best seats and heaters for that time period. I should have my car by the end of this month.......hopefully:laugh:

#3 ·
Congratulations. Waiting for my outback limited in tungsten. Was a toss up between the wilderness grn and the tungsten. Should be here next week. I hope! Replacing a 2011 outback.

Question: did you have a lighter coloured interior in your last car? I had black. Turned out the exteriors that I liked both had Ivory interiors. Have been somewhat apprehensive re the lighter colour but committed at this point I guess. Like the contrast yet worry that they will be difficult to keep clean.

Enjoy your car in any event!

#4 ·
Guys....or gals,,,

Cheer up, from what I've seen and read about wait times: often the vehicle comes in a week early, as mine did. I lucked out: I wanted Limited WG color, fully loaded with exterior dim mirrors and my local dealer happened to have one coming in within a week. Otherwise, I searched 20 dealers and no one seemed to be ordering the Limited with those mirrors, then low and behold my dealer happened to order on long enough ago that delivery was just around the corner.

Wallworld: We had black interior before. I think this: if you put aside the issue of keeping the interior clean (arguments either way about what cleans best and shows best), and concentrate on "looks", it's easy to favor the warm ivory, BECAUSE it contrasts nicely with the black dashboard and faux-wood paneling. Much like a high-brough BMW. If the black interiors seating actually matched the black of the dashboard, that would be cool especially with the right exterior color. But the two blacks don't match and appear as if there wasn't a real color-scheme in the design process.

Not so with the Wilderness Green over Soft Ivory.....just looks very classy from the inside, yet truly rustic and reserved from the outside.

#5 ·
Guys....or gals,,,

Cheer up, from what I've seen and read about wait times: often the vehicle comes in a week early, as mine did. I lucked out
My '15 fully loaded 2.5 Limited OB w/ES and Remote Start was supposed to hit port 2/20. It's now 3/1 and they still don't have a date for port... How can you NOT know where a car is. If it's late, someone had to update it in the system at some point over a 9 day period...

These cars may be awesome but the dealerships suck. Royally.

#14 ·
EaglexPDX -thanks.
Am leaning toward the 2.5, just am exhausting all possibilities. I generally keep my vehicles for a long time (current car is 15 yrs old) and I don't want buyer's remorse.
Based on fuel economy differences, the 4-cyl is the way to go. Was fairly impressed with the pep when starting from a complete stop.

#16 ·
I got a 3.6R, because I have a heavy foot, and I like the feeling of power. Also, I dislike the high RPM 4-cylinders need to accelerate. Right after I test drove a 3.6R OB, I test drove a Jeep Cherokee with 4 cyl. engine. I couldn't believe the difference in the sound -- the Cherokee sounded like it was going to blow a gasket every time I punched the gas.

BTW, based on my test drive, I think the Cherokee is junk compared to an OB. I couldn't believe it when the salesman told me I had to go into a setup screen to turn the seat heaters on/off.

#17 ·
The car is bigger and little heavier than a Gen 4 and personally the 2.5 while acceptable around town is a little underpowered. I have had the 2.5(15 model) and recently got into a 3.6. I do not tow but when I want to go I want power. Also, I don't want my power train to sound like it is struggling. My 2.5 did not feel very refined, thrashey and the moaning whiny sound was getting to me. The 3.6 for me takes the car in a positive direction, plus the hdcvt is much quieter and refined than the base 2.5 combo. If a car has 35-40k price I want refinement! I also think the 3.6 competes with the GC not the base Cherokee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.