Subaru Outback Forums banner

Color Combinations

7K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  dloftis 
#1 ·
Good day everyone,

I've always been partial to light interiors but seem to be turning to the dark side. I think tungsten and wilderness green would look spectacular with a dark interior. Does Subaru ever expand on their color combination options from year to year?

#2 ·
2 cars ago had a light leather interior, my current car has black leather interior. Trading current car in for a 2015 Outback Limited next week and the exterior color choices were limited due to my insistence of the light leather interior. Even in Minnesota, the interior would warm quickly with the black seats. There are a lot of windows in the car, so a windshield visor isn't enough. Just my 2 cents.

#4 ·
Thank you. Very important to take that into consideration.

A 2015 outback owner in Ontario has a Tungsten with a black interior.... It is not a combination offered by Subaru (according to the websites and brochures).

Apparently, sometimes special orders are permitted. There is a full thread on his car if you search....
Yes, I did read that thread. Very interesting and definitely one of my desired options. Not sure if a dealer would milk that situation for all that it is worth. I was also wondering if Subaru loosened their grip on color restrictions as the years progressed before they do a complete redesign. It would be awesome to see less of a grip on color combination options for the year 2016 model. Not sure if that was a pattern that may have been observable in years past.

#3 ·
A 2015 outback owner in Ontario has a Tungsten with a black interior.... It is not a combination offered by Subaru (according to the websites and brochures).

Apparently, sometimes special orders are permitted. There is a full thread on his car if you search....

#5 ·
The reason I ordered a car was it was impossible to locally find my Twilight Blue with anything but a black interior. Living in Southern California, black leather is not an option. Think: hot sun, black leather, shorts. Ouch!

I'm really having difficulty understanding the very existence, much less popularity of black leather in the sunbelt.

FYI: We're so glad to have custom ordered the car with the exact options and accessories we wanted and we love the color combination (Twilight Blue/Ivory leather).

#6 ·
I'm really having difficulty understanding the very existence, much less popularity of black leather in the sunbelt.
For some people, fashion trumps function. Other people find black easier to maintain than light colors. My wife and I are not in either group; we also prefer good-quality cloth upholstery to leather/vinyl. I'm glad we have choices.

#8 ·
That would be me.
I did call Subaru of America and Subaru Canada and the person I talked to on the phone where adamant that there was no such thing as Tungsten on Black. LOL
I wonder how low on the totem pole they really are.
Anyways, yea, the dealer said that sometimes, dealers are given some special privileges and allowed some special orders. I guess we just lucked in.

Attachments

#11 ·
I only wanted a black interior and I most definitely live in the sunbelt (AC works wonders). Don't like the light leather. Seems like the only cars ever on dealer lots around here have the light interiors. Ordered my Twilight Blue with Black and love it.

#12 ·
I've always preferred ivory because of its rich appearance in nature and even decided that the ivory with wilderness green was the way to go. Until I came across a two Venetian reds in our parking garage at work with black and one with ivory. I thought the black complimented the exterior slightly better.

The people monitoring video survelliance must think I'm wierd because as I was exiting I stopped on floors 9 and 4 to visually inspect both interiors.

#15 ·
My only thing is why the prevent ordering with x/x color options.

If I had seen this thread before I placed my order on Tuesday I would have asked for Lapis blue pearl w/ Black interior.

I chose my backup color (Carbide Gray) due to the fact that I didn't think Subaru would allow me to order it like that. I'm still happy with my selection. I just don't understand why the limit ext./int. options on orders. Just my 0.02

#19 ·
They have 3 colors in the Japanese market that they don't offer here in NA. Look at the link below and scroll down towards the bottom and see the various color options. If you are using Google Chrome you can have Google translate the Japanese text to English for you.

The colors that seemed interesting to me are :

(1) Dark Grey Metallic &
(2) Deep Sea Pearl

It appears that these additional colors are in lieu of the Carbide Grey & Wilderness Green offered state-side.

?????? : ???? | ???? ?????? | SUBARU

Love the more refined looks of the JDM edition with the JDM style rails, the chrome apron, the front fog lamps and the rear bumper. Looks so much better than the North American version. there's no reason for them not to offer these as upgrades here in America for folks who want them.

#20 ·
It always baffles me why we can't order the exterior and interior colours to our liking. There are 10 exterior colour choices in Australia, 9 in the US, and only 8 in Canada. I mean who needs four shades of silver? Why can't Canada have red as well?
If they build many of them as customer orders, give us the option to get exactly what we we want!

#21 ·
When I was in for service last week on my '10, my salesman said if someone is looking for a specific interior, exterior, and/or engine, it is best to order it because their allocation is often sold as soon as it arrives or even before.

Most manufacturers offer little choice across the board. My Mustang convertible has white leather, which has not been available for over 10 years. Yes, high maintainence but looks spectacular. Back then, there was even red cloth and red leather as well as tan, grey, and black.

#25 ·
I used to advocate only light interior cars until I owned one. My wife bought a used 2006 CONVERTIBLE VW Beetle with BLACK vinyl seats. We ride with the top down in the summer and shorts. These seats are no hotter than other vinyl seats in the sun. Plus, if it is that hot out, we don't ride with the top down; we use the A/C and no sun directly on them anyway.

Plus, we have dogs and Black/ dark seats are a must for animals. Think scratches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.