Subaru Outback Forums banner

Front windshield gap

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  GeoffD 
#1 ·
In the northeast the maple propellers are falling. I'm used to cleaning these out of the front well under the windshield wipers but I noticed a large number sticking out around the sides of the front windshield. I am a first time Subaru owner and never had this issue on previous cars. My Outback has at least a quarter inch gap on both sides that seems to be a magnet for these things. I looked at our Pathfinder and noticed ( as I would expect) a seal around the windshield. This is a long winded way of asking for people to confirm that my Outback is not missing a gasket or seal. - Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
That's pretty much the way they are built. There is a similar gap at the top of the windshield. Many cars are built like that now. I just keep a pair of tweezers in my detailing supply cabinet and use it to pluck out the more difficult stuff that gets stuck in the gap.

#4 ·
I'm glad the big maple tree between the garage stalls got chainsawed. I just paid my excavator $300 cash to rip the stump out with yellow diesel-powered construction equipment. I don't have to pick maple tree debris out of my car and there is no platform for bird car-bombing target practice.

I still haven't washed the Vermont mud month mud off the car. The town has a water ban with no car washing from 9am to 5pm. Every time I think of it and it's warm enough to pull a hose out of the garage, I'm in the water ban interval.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.