Subaru Outback Forums banner

2016 Starlink missing remote start/stop

14K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Pegasus 
#1 ·
So these are the Starlink enhancements for 2016 (from cars101.com):

#1 Safety Plus with SOS emergency accident assistance, enhanced roadside assistance, automatic collision notification, maintenance notification, and diagnostic alerts
#2 Safety Plus and Security Plus adds stolen vehicle recovery, alarm notifications, remote lock/unlock, remote horn/lights function, remote vehicle finder

Would have been real nice if they had included remote start/stop. OnStar, Compustar, etc already provide this and from this forum, it seems that the Subaru keyfob based remote starter is fairly unusable. Wonder why it was left out?

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
How can it be missing if it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place?

Also keep in mind that if they HAD put some kind of ability for remote start in it, then they would have also had to install the hood lock-out on EVERY car - in case someone wanted it activated. In case you're wondering what I'm talking about - port / dealer added remote start have a physical switch added to the car to prevent the remote start from actually starting the car when the hood is open, as a safety feature.

And since remote start is, in and of itself, a $300 - $400 option ...

#4 ·
I know I'm reviving and old thread but I to was wondering why this feature wasn't included.

Even though Subaru doesn't include the remote start in the purchase the option for remote start should show on the app IMO however like everything else if you don't have the remote start system instal with the safety's they obviously it wouldnt work anyway.

Curious to see if that option will appear if remote start is installed and/or in a future update.

#5 ·
Smartphone remote start

Drove away in a 2016 Outback 3.6r two weeks ago. When shopping, I looked at the Mazda CX5. The Mazda Mobile Start is an awesome option, that, for the life of me, can't believe Subaru doesn't offer. Hopefully it is something they can incorporate with a firmware update, that can work with the remote start that came with the vehicle. I would be nice to start the Outback from farther than 200 feet from it when it's 14 degrees outside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.