Subaru Outback Forums banner

iPhone dock for Outback?

13K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  FSslacker 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks like an Android phone of some sort. What looks like a mic input in the bottom bezel is most definitely not on an iPhone. But you got me to thinking. Would not be hard to 3D print something that would securely hold a iPhone on top of a lightening connector that would fit in that cubby. The new apple dock might even fit. Traveling now, but will noodle on that when I return.

#9 ·
I have the same one in my Outback with a holder for an iPhone 5c in an Otterbox Defender case.

ProClip makes 2 different mounts for the 2015 Outback. One like Rob W and I have and one that mounts higher up on the dash above the radio. They also have phone holders to fit most any thing you want in the way of a phone or tablet.

#7 ·
It's a Samsung S5 in the picture- the wide connector at the bottom being USB3 gives it away, along with the oval button and SAMSUNG written at the top of the device.

It's a nice thought to have your phone in there like that but you're applying torque to the charging port the way it's sitting there and I doubt it would be stable.

That hole works well for propping a phone up in, as long as you're not wanting to charge it.

#13 ·
My iPhone 6 Plus in a case was too big for the coin holder, so I went looking for other options. The ProClip looks really nice, but I just couldn't justify the $60.

So, I ponied up the $5 at Wal-Mart for a Vent Catch-All, and mounted it on the driver's side of the center console using command strips. Basically, it sits below my knee but stays out of the way because I couldn't physically stretch my leg out enough to hit it. The phone easily slides in & out of the holder, and the thing isn't really noticeable to anyone else in the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.