Subaru Outback Forums banner

Auto Headlight sensor settings

18K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Outbackroo 
#1 ·
Wife was complaining that the headlights don't come on soon enough when it is getting dark.

Soooo... I went into settings and changed it for the default "mid" to "Max"
The lights seem to take longer to come on than when the setting was on "mid"

And of course (at least I couldn't find it) states the setting are Max,Mid,Low,Min but doesn't explain what each setting does.

Anyone able to explain what each setting does?

#2 ·
I asked this same question a few months back, as we had the same concerns. The manual is as clear as "mud" on this -- so I set ours to the max setting assuming that it set the light sensor to it's max light sensitivity? So the headlights would come on earlier in the evening?
Maybe we (you and I) will get a more definitive answer!?

#4 ·
Lets see if Carl Abrams R.E. (resident expert) can give us an answer on this without one having to go setting the "thing" again. He seems to know all about the various settings on these cars.
How bout it Carl??!! --give us the final true answer on this --plus, its 95 degrees hot here this afternoon --too darn hot to go out and "play" with settings.

#17 ·
I've noticed several settings and features on the OB which seem counter intuitive at first. For example, with the delay graphic on the wiper stalk, the bigger the graphic the slower the frequency of the swipes. Also, the more you rotate the switch from the off position, the fewer the swipes. This seems counter intuitive until I realized that the bigger graphic on the stalk means a bigger delay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.