Subaru Outback Forums banner

A VERY boring offroad video by me

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Shawn C. 
#1 ·
This video was shot within a private property owned by my friends parents. This is the first time I ever drove offroad for any significant distance. The vehicle is a bone stock 2016, uh, Outback.

Overall, the car is very planted and go up the steep unpaved road and down the gravel road with ease (even without the x-mode). The ride was smoother than my friend's Toyota Tundra.

Oh, well, enjoy the video for what it's worth :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2QOpr9ELmA

#10 ·
Wow, you went over leaves and grass and I think I even saw some twigs. :) It looks like a nice drive. If this is your first Outback you will be amazed when you do that same or similar drive in 8" of snow. It will have no problems.

Does yours have the CVT transmission? I'm curious about how it felt on the hills. Kid #1 has the 2000 Outback, kid #2 will get the 2008 in a couple of years and I have my heart set on the 2016 around 2018. Maybe a lease buy-back or certified used.

#13 ·
Next time..

...go there when it snows a bunch of wet snow --then have that CRV I saw at the top of the "loop" see if he could follow you --I bet not!!??
My "guess" this is some sort of "private " subdivision ? The tip I got was all the underground utilities boxes on top of the loop?.
Pretty area --sort of reminds me of some of our woodsy/hilly areas in Missouri--especially around here (central and south central).:grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.