Subaru Outback Forums banner

Splash guards ?

5K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  MyBlueScooby 
#1 ·
Does the Limited / Premium model
come with splash guards installed ?
Or are they a dealer installed extra $.....

#3 ·
Splash guards are extra cost options at all trim levels. They are "port installed" if included in the factory order for the vehicle. If not, the dealer can install them (at additional cost) or a mechanically-inclined owner can purchase and install them.

Reactions: BOXR 6
#6 ·
Don't bother with the splash guards, i took mine off and put on rally armor ...
I disagree. The Subaru splash guards do provide some protection ... adequate for my typical driving conditions ... just not as much as those from Rally Armor, etc. But the OE splash guards look nicer (IMO) because they're better integrated into the body panels, and they don't add as much aerodynamic drag as the larger aftermarket alternatives. Different choices for different needs and tastes.

#8 ·
Around here all the Limiteds tend to have splash guards.

Having had to remove mine and reinstall to install my EcoHitch I agree they are not your grandpa's farm truck mud flaps. More like a drip guard which will carry drainage from the fender well below the underbody and let it fly off rather than run down the side of the car.

All in all I'm glad to have them.

#11 ·
Having had mine off I'd say there isn't any smooth surface for things to slide off either way. The fender liner doesn't meet the body smoothly. Appears to me that which is sliding off will launch a couple inches under the body with the splash guards, or run along the bottom of the body without.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.