Subaru Outback Forums banner

Heated Mirrors don't Heat

20K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  N4HHE 
#1 ·
I've searched and googled everywhere. My Outback Premium has 1,000 miles on it. It didn't make it into the garage last night, so the mirrors had some condensation, but not ice on the mirrors. I can fry an egg on my 04 Pathfinder mirrors, but after I let the Subie run for over 5 minutes the mirrors had barely cleared anything.

I've got the Eye-Sight, so I know I don't have a mirror symbol in the mirror. I'm clicking the lower right button for the rear defrost and side mirrors.

Anyone else have this experience? Other than that I love the car.

#5 ·
They don't just come on when you start the car, as noted they are now controlled via the defrost button for the rear window. My '00 Limited had separate switches for rear defrost, mirror defrost, and front wiper defrost. My '09 Limited now has a switch for front wiper defrost that also activates the mirrors. They've now included it all in one on late models.

#8 ·
No. They just automatically come on when you activate the rear window defroster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.