Subaru Outback Forums banner

Over sand with bone stock 2016 OB Limited

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Yingling 
#1 ·
Took my OB over sand today. First time since trading in my Jeep Wrangler. The OB handled the soft deep sand great. Air down to 18 psi no issues and had a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice ---where is the beach ? --If I may ask?
We did that in the northern Outer Banks about 4-5 yrs ago in my F-150. I was amazed that I had ZERO issues. When I drove out on the sand the first time, I had visions of sinking to China. Oh wait!! that would have involved passing through the core of the earth. I doubt We would have made it to China!

#14 ·
True off-road tires are designed to allow airing-down to low PSI without bead issues. Coupled with aftermarket beadlock rims you can go to really low PSI. For OEM tires and wheels I'd guess 18-20 PSI at the lowest. For sand driving on the Outer Banks in my old Isuzu Trooper I'd air down to about 20 PSI and it worked well. That was with true AT tires.

#15 ·
Great post! I live in DE and have had a surf fishing tag (must have in DE to drive on beach) on my GMC Z71. I know my OB did better in the snow but still have some hesitation to do the beach thing. Just need to realize it is just as capable as any 4WD out there, especially the jeeps that my friends have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.