Subaru Outback Forums banner

What secret menus exist?

28K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  RangerJay 
#1 ·
The Outback has so many electronic geegaws. What menus exist to look at the state? I know there are some. Changing the state is scarier but those exist too.

Known menus: The one on the dash/steering controls. Various settings in the head unit/nav/etc.

Secret menus:
I think I saw something about holding home and pressing power twice, or info and audio twice. (Different menus?).

What else? What are they called?

#4 ·
With the key in, turn it on the accessory mode (engine not on), press the drivers side windows down button, wait one second, then lower all other windows (all three have to be pressed at the same time). Go in to the phone menu, this should 'ready' your microphone; now whistle 4 times; wait 1 second. DO NOT TOUCH, but wave in front of the eye-sight cameras 4 times, wait one second, followed by 4 more whistles. If that does not work, you may need to have someone wave at the eye sight camera from the outside. For best detection it is best to do it outside, not in the garage.

This above trick will bring up the menu to: Disable the SRF from being on by default, enable a 'Mute' function on the navigation, enable Free Map Updates for 2015 Owners, and enable 'battery saver' function from battery randomly discharging for unknown reasons. Page 2 of the setting will allow you to disable the AC from turning on each time you turn the HVAC on, enable more frequent navigation updates, enable power-rear door 'manual' optoin, and control the 'fast mode' of the rear power door.

Good luck!

#5 ·
Page 2 of the setting will allow you to disable the AC from turning on each time you turn the HVAC on...
wow i was just wondering about this earlier today. it is so irritating to turn on the fan only to have the AC turn on too. i thought there was a secret button or series of buttons i wasn't doing properly. you've shown me the way! :25:

edit: in case anyone wants to know the real "fix" i found it here: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/2105426-post15.html

#19 ·
I asked the same question in another thread and got no reply. It appears by all the sarcasm that most don't do more than the basic repairs on their cars. I was hoping one of the Subaru Techs that are members would have some info to share. I especially wonder if one can "see" what the EyeSight cameras see in a test mode possibly on the dash screen. the only test mode I have found is for the Infotainment system. You enter the Infotainment system maintenance menu by doing the following:
Ignition "on" (engine doesn't need to be running)
Go to home menu (by pressing the home button)
Hold "home" button and press the "audio/tune" button 5 times.
This lets you change some of the parameters in the system.

I also wonder if Subaru has a Dealer-changeable programmable list of options similar to the Toyota C-BEST (customize parameters) settings. Subaru does have a few User-changeable settings done with the on-dash screen as do current Toyotas, but Toyota still has a larger C-BEST list of maybe 30+ changeable features available to the dealer. Any Techs out there that could answer this?

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.