Subaru Outback Forums banner

2017 Nav Display Question

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jbbdc 
#1 ·
While the nav system is in route guidance mode, on the very left edge of the display there's a vertical line with a triangle (the car) that moves upward toward a checkered flag at the top. I assume it's just a graphic display of route progression. However, there are red squares along the vertical line at varying intervals. They don't correspond with my route, such as turns, etc. I can't find anything in my manual that describes this. Anyone know what those red squares symbolize? Thanks.

#2 ·
Take a look at the setting menu, there are options to enable and disable various warnings (school zones, dangerous corners, etc..) and notifications (traffic conditions, speed limit, etc..), personal preferences such as visual or audio warning tones. You can adjust and learn about these options then select the ones you'd like to have running in the background. Check the manual and discussions on this board for more details. There was a thread about intrusive warning "dings" not too long ago. I turn off most of the warning when I'm driving around the local area; These constant alerts can get very annoying after a while.

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
ADD0514, there are no visual or audio tones associated with those red squares. I've watched as the triangle moves over the squares and nothing happens. That's the confusing part...there's no indication as to why they're even there. I read the post about intrusive warning tones before posting my question. That post didn't address what I'm seeing. The manual doesn't cover it either. Thought maybe someone here might have noticed the same thing I'm seeing.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

#5 ·
I have gas stations selected to be displayed. Not sure that would be what those red squares are as I had a route in the GPS the other day and no red squares appeared along the vertical line even though gas stations showed up on the map display.

At this point I'm thinking the red squares are traffic advisories even though they didn't correspond with any red lines on the map that usually indicate traffic issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.