Subaru Outback Forums banner

Strange Blue markings around Yokohama Geolander Tires

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  johnre 
#1 ·
Recently threw on some Yokohama Geolander AT G015 and noticed they started to develop a blue ring around all 4 tires.

Do you guys know what would cause this? It is occurring on all 4 tires

See less See more
#3 ·
I see it is also inside the tread, (on the vertical edges of the tread blocks).

degassing vs. whatever ice melters they use on the road (wild guess)?

edit: that vs. the blue chalk that sometimes comes on the tires. (particularly to protect the white letters or white walls).

#15 ·
I'm not seeing the photos. Just two small "image" squares. Also, it appears they are hosted on a Google user site.

I suspect this has more to do with the permissions set for viewing the photos at the hosting site than with the browsers being used for this (SubaruOutback.org) website.
@eagleeye: If you can see the photos in the posts, perhaps if you copy them, and then post them as attachments, they will be readily seen by all, at least until the OP sees the problem and checks the settings.

#16 ·
I was going to do that and should have on my last post,

however now that I log back in, or log out I can not see those pics. all I get is the "image squares", with chrome

on my black theme. see attachment if you can.

Attachments

#18 ·
testing if I can quote the original and get it to reload the pics. (not working)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.