Traded her in... - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2016 Outback Limited 3.6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Traded her in...

We guys, I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful conversations and a great community. My Outback was a great vehicle but I was just not passionate about it. I tried but it was just not for me. I honestly enjoyed the thing the most when it snowed and plowing around which was not very often. If you are a car guy and don't turn around as your walking away to take another look then it is time for something else.

If anyone is interested in a super clean 16 3.6 with only 20k miles running on synthetic her whole life let me know. She also comes with a few extras. I am also selling my Husky floor mats as well as my LED high-beams / Flog lamps since they will not fit the new ride. Thanks again to the community. Not that I won't participate here and there but you know how it is.

1454 likes this.

2016 Outback 3.6 Limited - 19mm Rear Stabilizer - LED Fog's / DRL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:37 PM

Car: 2017 Outback Limited
Wow, hard decision I bet. Clearly something you really did not like about the car. Too bad. What direction will you head next? Similar but a different manufacturer? Honda? Toyota? Have you looked at the new Highlander? (2017) - I hear it's a nice car. Looking for better gas mileage? I hear the 3.6's are not too friendly in this area.

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

I can't say anything was really wrong with her she just did not excite me. Gas mileage was not at a problem with the 3.6. I think part of it was coming from luxury sedans with much more refinement. Honestly, I was also kicking myself for buy her new new. I swore I was not going to buy new anymore some years back and let others take that big hit in depreciation. My plan was to get back into a Lexus and I was looking at CPO LS460's for a while but I have also had my eye on the the A8 as well. I found a great deal on a CPO 2015 A8 L. Really an amazing vehicle. Definitely won't be taking this gal off-roading... lol

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:56 AM

I agree with your opinion that the OB isn't exactly a car to get passionate over.

It's a nice utilitarian wagon that is great at going from point A to point B in all types of weather in reasonable comfort, but that is about it.

It certainly doesn't bring the same smile to my face as taking a cruise in a Corvette.

Good luck with your Audi. Hope you bought the extended warranty. My son's GF had an A6 after about 4 years it started spending more time in the shop than in her driveway.

"Another Brick In The Wall", PF 1979
2015 Twlight Blue OB Premium
1976 Camaro, 355ci/425hp 4speed
1984 Corvette
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:19 AM

Car: 2015 3.6R
Garage
I do enjoy my OB very much and it's fun, but understand your point. Once I don't need the practicality of awd and all that cargo space, my next vehicle will have more muscle.

Good luck with your new ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1454 likes this.

2015 3.6R - 19mm Rear Sway Bar - Body Side Molding - JDM Wheel Arches - Window Visors - LED Fogs - LED Turn Signal Switchbacks - LED Reverse Lights
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:00 AM

Car: 2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28dug View Post
Hope you bought the extended warranty. My son's GF had an A6 after about 4 years it started spending more time in the shop than in her driveway.
That is the reason I did not buy an Audi this time and I been buying Audi's since A100s, so good luck. Love to drive them, hated the upkeep. I been with VW since the Quantum 5 cylinder. Since practicality has set in, now it is Jeep(replacement for my Bikes once my child was born) for trailing/ beachcombing and Subarus for everything else.

Laughter is the key to happiness

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the soul.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:13 AM

Car: 2017 Outback 3.6R Touring, Lapis
I went the opposite direction as the OP. I had a 2016 Audi A6 with the 2.0, 252bhp 4-cylinder engine. Beautiful car with very nice interior. However, it never hit my hot button. First time I drove the new Touring model--especially with the 3.6R engine, I was sold that this is what I wanted. Upgraded interior, Eyesight safety with ACC and automatic high beam assist, runs on regular and lots of room. I love my new OB.

2017 Lapis Outback Touring
2015 BRZ Limited
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda_One View Post
That is the reason I did not buy an Audi this time and I been buying Audi's since A100s, so good luck. Love to drive them, hated the upkeep. I been with VW since the Quantum 5 cylinder. Since practicality has set in, now it is Jeep(replacement for my Bikes once my child was born) for trailing/ beachcombing and Subarus for everything else.

Laughter is the key to happiness
Seems to be to be a common theme these days with the German lux cars. Great cars as long as they are under factory warranty and maintenance.

One of my clients loves the A8 but makes sure he gets a new one every two years.

My son sees this daily. Lots of 5-6 year ones that end up at Car Max. Folks buy them that can barely afford them, skip on the Max Care warranty then their jaws drop the first time it needs servicing. The price of parts for these cars borders on the ridiculous. $3k for a headlight assembly is not uncommon on some MB's.

"Another Brick In The Wall", PF 1979
2015 Twlight Blue OB Premium
1976 Camaro, 355ci/425hp 4speed
1984 Corvette
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

CPO's come with a 6 year / 100k warranty. As far as Audi's reliability, it is somewhat dependent on the model / engine. I purchased the A8 model the most reliable engine - the supercharged 3.0 The A8's have excellent ratings on consumer reports. It is an expensive car. You can pretty much buy 3 Outback for the price of one A8 L new. The 2.0 turbos are more prone to problems. But when it comes to refinement, comfort, interior quality, power, it is truly something else. It is an expensive car to maintain but you have to pay to play. Mercedes and BMW long term reliability is far worse vs Audi. Never even considered them.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016OutbackNJ View Post
We guys, I just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful conversations and a great community. My Outback was a great vehicle but I was just not passionate about it. I tried but it was just not for me. I honestly enjoyed the thing the most when it snowed and plowing around which was not very often. If you are a car guy and don't turn around as your walking away to take another look then it is time for something else.

If anyone is interested in a super clean 16 3.6 with only 20k miles running on synthetic her whole life let me know. She also comes with a few extras. I am also selling my Husky floor mats as well as my LED high-beams / Flog lamps since they will not fit the new ride. Thanks again to the community. Not that I won't participate here and there but you know how it is.
If you weren't across the country from me, I would be interested!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: