Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Profile: eggroller

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. obsolete
    10-09-2015 11:01 PM - permalink
    Yep. I took the header off the car before I sold it, and it sat around my garage for a year or two. It saw a lot of wet, salty roads in WI and MN during its 30k miles of use. I sold it to a Baja owner, who told me that as soon as he installed it on his car and started it, the header cracked and leaked. For what it's worth, the header had been modified previously by a local exhaust shop; they tacked some of the primaries together to try to fix the buzzing/resonance issue. I'm sure they used mild steel wire. I don't know whether the header cracked at one of the original welds or one of the mild steel welds.

I've come to really hate exhaust header wrap. The cheap fiberglass stuff that has to be installed wet is nasty to work with, and even the nice DEI Lava Wrap, which you install dry, will chafe and come apart if it rubs against anything during installation/removal. The next time I install an aftermarket exhaust component upstream of the cats on any car, it will be ceramic coated.
  2. eggroller
    07-12-2012 04:29 PM - permalink
    1) Yes, the circuit board is a part of the LED unit and comes with it all assembled.
    2) I switched to the Red. No issues with brightness in my opinion. Perfect. Until they died. Flicker on and off. I returned them under warranty.
  3. salty5
    06-09-2012 11:00 AM - permalink
    Thanks for your 2009 post on replacement of instrument cluster bulbs. I'd appreciate your help on two questions:
    1. Does each LED come with one of the printed circuit boards shown in your photo?
    2. You mentioned that the cool white bulbs you installed in your car were too bright. Did your friend with the red bulbs have the same issue?

4. eggroller
    12-07-2010 01:59 AM - permalink
    Yes, it is just a remove and replace operation for the installation of the LEDs.
  5. thestork
    12-02-2010 01:00 PM - permalink
    Hello there, I've been reading over your posts on changing your dash lights from the old burnt out bulbs to LEDs. Is there anything else you have to do other than take the old bulbs out and put the new ones in? The LEDs look completely different so I didn't know if there was anything else I needed to do. Thanks for your help

About Me

• About eggroller
    Bellevue, WA
    Lapping days
    Your Car
    '00 Legacy OBW Ltd

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 11-21-2015 11:37 AM
  • Referrals: 0

Arcade Statistics

• Leaderboard Rank: Not ranked
  • Game Started: 0
  • Games Finished: 0
  • Time Spent Playing: 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds

No results to display...

Thread Tags

No results to display...

10:33 PM - MNLancaster quoted eggroller in post My 2000 OBW Limited 5 MT
I actually have it wrong. I kn...
11:13 AM - MNLancaster quoted eggroller in post My 2000 OBW Limited 5 MT
I searched and searched and se...
12:59 PM - eggroller quoted Tekt in post What did you do with your 2nd gen OB today?
Oil change day today. Al...

Feedback Score

iTrader Profile Recent Ratings
Feedback Score:
Positive Feedback:
Members who left positive:
Members who left negative:
Total positive feedback: 0
Submit Feedback
6 Months
12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0