Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Car: 2015 STI
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Research Automotive Lighting

At Diode Dynamics, we want our fellow Outback enthusiasts to be educated on automotive lighting products, so that they know they are purchasing the best products on the market. We have devoted this portion of our website to doing just that. Here you'll find information on different automotive lighting technologies, how they work and common misconceptions you'll see while shopping for your vehicle. We hope you enjoy learning all about lighting!

Any questions? Email us at contact@diodedynamics.com or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
Nick C.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 05:08 PM

Car: '14, 2.5 SAP w/Eyesight
Ok, so I'm interested in the 2010-2013 Subaru Outback Pocket Inserts.

1) Does this fit 2014's? The space appears to be identical in my '14 as it as in my '12.

2) Have you addressed the concerns in the 2-star review of this product?

Quote:
This item does not fit snug. If you have an outback, you know that this pocket has sloping edges. The insert is not small enough to fit in the flat part of the pocket so there is about 1/8" between the bottom of the pocket and this acrylic insert. Also, the insert is not smooth on top. The Subaru symbol is etched into the acrylic and not very smooth, which makes it a magnet for dust and dirt. I immediately returned the item the day I received it. (Posted on March 10, 2014)

2nd & Current OB: '14 2.5 Limited SAP w/ Eyesight in Carbide Gray. Mods: 19mm STI RSB, Fumoto Valve, LED interior lights, Hella Supertones, plasti-dipped wheels, front grille, side emblems, rear badges, seat back protectors, side cargo nets. Soon: body side moldings.

1st: '12 Premium 2.5i AWP Black
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

1. We have not updated the listing to include the 2014 Outback. It may fit, but we haven't confirmed it, that's why it hasn't been added to the site yet.

2. The pieces are custom fit to each applicable location for your vehicle. We have sold dozens of them with no issues and the fitment can be seen in the picture. They come with a 30-day hassle free warranty if you are not pleased with the fitment

Let us know if you have any other questions: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 10:56 AM

Car: 2006 Outback XT Limited
Interesting... I bought some LEDs a few years ago but wound up returning or reverting all of them due to color variation. I measured a few (very crudely) with a cine colorimeter I had on hand, and my eyes weren't fooling me- color was all over the map.

Looking forward to the day when you've got your inventory measured and binned for matching lots.

The lab coat is a nice touch.

Performance Valve Body

Did you know your 2005-2009 Outback has a built-in

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasterman View Post
Interesting... I bought some LEDs a few years ago but wound up returning or reverting all of them due to color variation. I measured a few (very crudely) with a cine colorimeter I had on hand, and my eyes weren't fooling me- color was all over the map.

Looking forward to the day when you've got your inventory measured and binned for matching lots.

The lab coat is a nice touch.
We will be adding the information to the website soon. Looking forward to it

Lab coat, because science lol

Nick C.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Meet our newest LED bulb replacement, the HP48:

Available in 1156/7 - 3156/7 - 7440/3 sizes

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Diode Dynamics at SEMA 2015

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

St. Louis Manufacturer Adds Engineering Facility | Diode Blog

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Dome Light LED for 2012-2016 Subaru Outback

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: