Subaru Outback Forums banner

Subaru Outback Fog Light LED Bulbs! USA Made SLF! Luxeon LED Housing Options!

56K views 105 replies 27 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 ·

Subaru Outback Fog Light LED Bulbs

Diode Dynamics LED bulbs for replacement of your Subaru Outback's fog lights, in all major sizes. They are available in HP, XP, and SLF styles. This will make your Outback's fog lights a nice bright white that closely matches factory-equipped HID lighting! Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go! We also offer Luxeon LED Housings for a complete replacement of your factory fog light housings (2010-2013 Outback Model Years)

Diode Dynamics offers the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. And we do not raise prices to astronomical levels- We're breaking that market trend, and offering you great, low prices, every day. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Brightness

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb, compared to the factory bulb.

HP48: 265 lumens. Lower brightness than factory, but still provides the crisp white, modern color of LEDs.

XP80: 510 lumens. Similar brightness to factory.

SLF: Street Legal Output. Much brighter than factory. These are bright! USA Made

Luxeon LED Replacement Housing: Powered by three genuine Luxeon T LED chips per side, the perfect 5000K white color provides a brilliant LED illumiunation, with a Trulux measured output of 600 lumens. (Please note: similar styles of lamp can be found online which claim much higher output, but these numbers are highly inflated. These lamps are the brightest on the market!)

Bulb Design

HP48: This bulb is designed with 48 Epistar 3014 LED chips. Thanks to the cap on the top, the light from this High Power Bulb is shined backwards and away from the bulb, not straight out. This means the output is excellent, because it uses the vehicle's housing completely, which then shines the light much more uniformly.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more, under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all modern vehicles.

Luxeon LED Replacement Housing: Integrated projector lens distributes light in a wide, even pattern, compliant with DOT and ECE standards for use on-road. With a durable poly-carbonate lens, aluminum housing, and constant-current drive circuit, these LEDs will be durable and reliable for years to come.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Subaru Outback).

Yellow XML2 shown

Diode Dynamics products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2000-2009 Subaru Outback Wagon

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2000-2007 Subaru Outback Sedan

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2010-2017 Subaru Outback Wagon

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2000-2009 Subaru Outback Wagon

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2000-2007 Subaru Outback Sedan

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2010-2017 Subaru Outback Wagon

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

See less See more
1 4
#46 ·
H3 bulb in Fog Lights (2005 Subaru Forester 2.5x)

I need some help in fixing an issue with H3 bulb in Fog Lights of my 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5x. I thought that I had a bad bulb, which I replaced with an identical Sylvania H3 (Basic) from AdvanceAuto Parts, however the fog light is still not working.

I tried using a low-voltage tester to find out if the wiring is bad, but this technique really didn't help. I would really like to get the fog light fixed.

Can I get any tips on trouble shooting the problem?

#47 ·
I need some help in fixing an issue with H3 bulb in Fog Lights of my 2005 Subaru Forester 2.5x. I thought that I had a bad bulb, which I replaced with an identical Sylvania H3 (Basic) from AdvanceAuto Parts, however the fog light is still not working.

I tried using a low-voltage tester to find out if the wiring is bad, but this technique really didn't help. I would really like to get the fog light fixed.

Can I get any tips on trouble shooting the problem?
I suggest checking your wiring to make sure everything is secure, connected, and grounded properly. You may also want to check your fuses also.

My guess is probably the wiring though, check the socket for corrosion as well!

Nick C.

#50 ·
Because others may have the same question, I wish to closely match the fog light color to the headlight color. I own a 2018 Outback Touring 3.6R. I simply don't know if I need a kit or a simple bulb replacement for the fog lights. If you could tell me what part number I need to order I will be happy to do so. Thanks!

#66 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wh7YdyTaBI

Diode Dynamics SLF Fog Light LEDs

Interested in picking these up for my '15 Outback. I had a couple questions I didn't see addressed in the other threads.

- I already have a yellow film over my stock fog light housing. Would installing the yellow SLF LED's have a negative effect on output or brightness?

- Does this upgrade improve output / light throw or is it purely cosmetic?

Thanks!

#57 ·
I do like the light pattern that you have with the lamps, it would really reduce the number of times that oncoming traffic is flashing high-beams for me to turn off the fogs.

Reactions: Diode Dynamics
#62 ·
are people installing a yellow film on their fogs as well as running the yellow LED fogs or in the pics is that JUST the LED bulbs?

also what color do you recommend to match the factory LED color on a 5th gen OB

#63 ·
Hi there, thank you for reaching out!

Our yellow SLF LED Fog Light Bulb is unique in that it features an actual yellow LED chips, no film or tinting! This allows it to achieve a bright, pure yellow.

To color-match your factory LEDs, we would recommend the cool white color. Its 6000k color temperature is a bright, pure white that should look phenomenal alongside the factory lights!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.