Subaru Outback Forums banner

Subaru Outback Fog Light LED Bulbs! USA Made SLF! Luxeon LED Housing Options!

56K views 105 replies 27 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 ·

Subaru Outback Fog Light LED Bulbs

Diode Dynamics LED bulbs for replacement of your Subaru Outback's fog lights, in all major sizes. They are available in HP, XP, and SLF styles. This will make your Outback's fog lights a nice bright white that closely matches factory-equipped HID lighting! Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go! We also offer Luxeon LED Housings for a complete replacement of your factory fog light housings (2010-2013 Outback Model Years)

Diode Dynamics offers the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. And we do not raise prices to astronomical levels- We're breaking that market trend, and offering you great, low prices, every day. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Brightness

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb, compared to the factory bulb.

HP48: 265 lumens. Lower brightness than factory, but still provides the crisp white, modern color of LEDs.

XP80: 510 lumens. Similar brightness to factory.

SLF: Street Legal Output. Much brighter than factory. These are bright! USA Made

Luxeon LED Replacement Housing: Powered by three genuine Luxeon T LED chips per side, the perfect 5000K white color provides a brilliant LED illumiunation, with a Trulux measured output of 600 lumens. (Please note: similar styles of lamp can be found online which claim much higher output, but these numbers are highly inflated. These lamps are the brightest on the market!)

Bulb Design

HP48: This bulb is designed with 48 Epistar 3014 LED chips. Thanks to the cap on the top, the light from this High Power Bulb is shined backwards and away from the bulb, not straight out. This means the output is excellent, because it uses the vehicle's housing completely, which then shines the light much more uniformly.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more, under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all modern vehicles.

Luxeon LED Replacement Housing: Integrated projector lens distributes light in a wide, even pattern, compliant with DOT and ECE standards for use on-road. With a durable poly-carbonate lens, aluminum housing, and constant-current drive circuit, these LEDs will be durable and reliable for years to come.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Subaru Outback).

Yellow XML2 shown

Diode Dynamics products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2000-2009 Subaru Outback Wagon

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2000-2007 Subaru Outback Sedan

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2010-2017 Subaru Outback Wagon

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2000-2009 Subaru Outback Wagon

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2000-2007 Subaru Outback Sedan

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2010-2017 Subaru Outback Wagon

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

See less See more
1 4
#3 ·
I think they already answered that:

Please note that most LED fog lights are intended for cosmetic purposes only, and will not project light in the same way that the factory bulbs do. Your car will look great at night, but if you are looking for higher output, we strongly recommend using an HID conversion.
Sounds like it won't be cutting through anything beyond some street riderz' instagram feeds.

I don't mean to be the negative nelly though- I'm all for personalizing the way a given car looks & works. But where operational lighting is concerned, I put a lot of emphasis on the "works" part- I'll wait until somebody releases something that can match factory brightness and beam pattern.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#10 ·
We have a large number of items returning to stock soon, you can sign up for email notifications on the product listing to be alerted when they return to stock

Also, our production team is working on a new video that showcases the output of the XML2

Here's a basic example in a Jeep Wrangler's fog light housing

Thanks,
Nick C.

#16 ·
Very pleased with Diode Dynamics products. Im using XP80 amber turn signals at all 4 corners, XP50 backup's, XP80 brake lights, and SMD9 marker's. I like the look of Diode Dynamics LED's in the lens better than vled when off and I like the design of Diode Dynamics LED's using a projector lens. Provides a bright brilliant amber, red, and white light that looks like they were made to come with the car. Not only has Diode Dynamics improved the looks of my Outback they have also improved the safety of my Outback.

#31 ·
Can you confirm which kit is for the 2015+ Outbacks?
Type A is no longer listed on the website (?) but I found it through the link on this thread. It is still listed as up to 2014 only.
Type B is for the 2015+ Legacy.

Do you have a full picture of the actual 9005 XML2 LED? Is this just the bulb or is there separate controller. Wasn't quite sure what 'Modular Design' means and I see a wire coming out from the bulb in the picture:20:

Thanks!

#26 ·
Admittedly this is not the best comparison photo. The Jeep Wrangler fog light housings are not very effective at reducing glare even with halogen style bulbs.

LED fog lights work much better in projector style housings:

We also offer complete LED replacement housings (DOT Compliant) for something more functional than stock, and useful in fog.

Nick C.

#30 ·
#33 ·
Do the LUXEON LED Fog Lamp Replacement Housing kit for 2015 Outbacks come with detailed instructions on how to access and replace the housing units?

I would be interested in a video or photo guide when you get your 5th Gen outback in your shop as I am on the fence on these, depending on how big of a PITA replacing the housing is compared to just upgrading to a nice LED bulb.

#34 ·
We don't have Outback-specific instructions available at the moment, but we are still looking for a 5th Gen to bring into our studio here for an installation video.

It is a straightforward process, similar to replacing the factory units and a play and play install wiring-wise.

Feel free to give us a call for more information: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

#44 ·

Diode Dynamics: NEW! Stage Series Light Bars

Introducing STAGE SERIES LED lighting! Inspired by the needs of a professional rally driver, these light bars have been designed for maximum functionality, with compact size, cutting-edge TIR optics, and a useful beam pattern, all in a highly durable package.

-Advanced TIR (total internal reflection) optic
-Slim design, for easy mounting
-Available in driving or wide beam patterns

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.