Subaru Outback Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Bulb Options! Luxeon LED Housing Options! - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 11:20 AM

Car: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited SAP, 2014 Subaru Forester XT Touring
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
We have a large number of items returning to stock soon, you can sign up for email notifications on the product listing to be alerted when they return to stock

Also, our production team is working on a new video that showcases the output of the XML2

Here's a basic example in a Jeep Wrangler's fog light housing

Thanks,
Nick C.

Thanks. That's helpful. Just made a purchase last night to finish off the exterior led conversion. Asked this in a pm but figured I would also ask here. I think I'd like to purchase some additional bulbs while you have this promo. I've earned points from the purchase last night. When will I be able to use those from the purchase I made? I'd like to use them while this sale is going on and complete the interior conversion as well. Is also like to change the headlight/foglights on my 14forester XT and might also buy for that car during this as well.

One other question for you, now that you have an led conversion for the foglights will you be doing a functional low beam led for the headlights as well? I see some other people selling a bulb similar to the xml for the low beams but am not sure of the quality but might be interested in that as well.

Diode Dynamics likes this.

Subaru's of my life:

2006 Subaru Forester, 2008 Subaru Legacy GT, 2013 Subaru Outback, 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Car: 2015 STI
Quote:
Originally Posted by verwilderd View Post
Thanks. That's helpful. Just made a purchase last night to finish off the exterior led conversion. Asked this in a pm but figured I would also ask here. I think I'd like to purchase some additional bulbs while you have this promo. I've earned points from the purchase last night. When will I be able to use those from the purchase I made? I'd like to use them while this sale is going on and complete the interior conversion as well. Is also like to change the headlight/foglights on my 14forester XT and might also buy for that car during this as well.

One other question for you, now that you have an led conversion for the foglights will you be doing a functional low beam led for the headlights as well? I see some other people selling a bulb similar to the xml for the low beams but am not sure of the quality but might be interested in that as well.
Thank you for ordering with us, if you would like to place an order today and have the Diode points applied, please give us a call: (314) 205-3033

We will not be offering LED low-beam replacements anytime soon. A quality 35-watt HID conversion kit will still provide more usable light output and reliability than an LED conversion kit.

LEDs work well for auxiliary applications such as fog lights, but aren't suitable for low-beam use yet.

Thanks,
Nick C.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Here's a night time comparison video of our LED Fog Lights in action

Nick C.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 06:16 PM

Car: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited SAP, 2014 Subaru Forester XT Touring
Excellent video. I've been waiting to see something exactly like this.

Subaru's of my life:

2006 Subaru Forester, 2008 Subaru Legacy GT, 2013 Subaru Outback, 2014 Subaru Forester XT
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by verwilderd View Post
Excellent video. I've been waiting to see something exactly like this.
Thanks!

The XML2's are really the perfect amount of output for a fog light application IMO

Nick C.

post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-14-2014, 02:02 PM

Car: 2017 Carbide Gray Metallic Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2014 Venetian Red Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited (sold), 2011 Ruby Red Pearl 3.6R Outback Limited (sold)
Very pleased with Diode Dynamics products. Im using XP80 amber turn signals at all 4 corners, XP50 backup's, XP80 brake lights, and SMD9 marker's. I like the look of Diode Dynamics LED's in the lens better than vled when off and I like the design of Diode Dynamics LED's using a projector lens. Provides a bright brilliant amber, red, and white light that looks like they were made to come with the car. Not only has Diode Dynamics improved the looks of my Outback they have also improved the safety of my Outback.
Diode Dynamics likes this.

2017 Carbide Gray Metallic Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Subaru Ambassador
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken972 View Post
Very pleased with Diode Dynamics products. Im using XP80 amber turn signals at all 4 corners, XP50 backup's, XP80 brake lights, and SMD9 marker's. I like the look of Diode Dynamics LED's in the lens better than vled when off and I like the design of Diode Dynamics LED's using a projector lens. Provides a bright brilliant amber, red, and white light that looks like they were made to come with the car. Not only has Diode Dynamics improved the looks of my Outback they have also improved the safety of my Outback.
Thank you for the kind words!

Have you posted any pictures yet?

We've been actively searching for an Outback, and an XV here in St. Louis for studio comparison shots

Nick C.
Ken972 likes this.

post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-15-2014, 06:17 PM

Car: 2017 Carbide Gray Metallic Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2014 Venetian Red Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited (sold), 2011 Ruby Red Pearl 3.6R Outback Limited (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Thank you for the kind words!

Have you posted any pictures yet?

We've been actively searching for an Outback, and an XV here in St. Louis for studio comparison shots

Nick C.
Nick, I haven't taken any pictures just yet but I will soon and post them.

2017 Carbide Gray Metallic Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Subaru Ambassador
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken972 View Post
Nick, I haven't taken any pictures just yet but I will soon and post them.
Most excellent!

Thank you

Nick C.

post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 10:12 AM

Car: 04 Outback Ltd
I'd like to get the XML2's for my 04 Outback, but I'm worried about blinding oncoming traffic. Any feedback from people that have installed them?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: