Subaru Outback Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Bulb Options! Luxeon LED Housing Options! - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Car: 2015 STI
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arrow Subaru Outback Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Bulb Options! Luxeon LED Housing Options!

Subaru Outback Fog Light LED Bulbs

We carry LED bulbs for replacement of your Outback's fog lights, in all major sizes. They are available in HP, XP, and XML styles. This will make your fog lights a nice bright white that closely matches factory HIDs! Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go! We also offer Luxeon LED Housings for a complete replacement of your factory fog light housings (2010-2013 Outback Model Years)

We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. And we do not raise prices to astronomical levels- We're breaking that market trend, and offering you great, low prices, every day. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb, compared to the factory bulb.

HP48: 265 lumens. Lower brightness than factory, but still provides the crisp white, modern color of LEDs.

XP80: 510 lumens. Similar brightness to factory.

XML2: 1420 lumens. Much brighter than factory. These are bright!

*XML2 is available in 3000K Yellow / 4000K / 5000K / 6000K Color Temperature Options*

Luxeon LED Replacement Housing: Powered by three genuine Luxeon T LED chips per side, the perfect 5000K white color provides a brilliant LED illumiunation, with a Trulux measured output of 600 lumens. (Please note: similar styles of lamp can be found online which claim much higher output, but these numbers are highly inflated. These lamps are the brightest on the market!)

Bulb Design

HP48: This bulb is designed with 48 Epistar 3014 LED chips. Thanks to the cap on the top, the light from this High Power Bulb is shined backwards and away from the bulb, not straight out. This means the output is excellent, because it uses the vehicle's housing completely, which then shines the light much more uniformly.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more, under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

XML2: NEW! Two opposing genuine CREE XM-L2 chips, driven at high power by self-contained regulator unit, in an attractive cast-aluminum housing. Fully waterproof, non-polar, modular design.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all modern vehicles.

Luxeon LED Replacement Housing: Integrated projector lens distributes light in a wide, even pattern, compliant with DOT and ECE standards for use on-road. With a durable poly-carbonate lens, aluminum housing, and constant-current drive circuit, these LEDs will be durable and reliable for years to come.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Subaru Outback).

Yellow XML2 shown

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click below for more info or to order:

2000-2009 Outback

2000-2007 Outback Sedan

2010-2015+ Outback

Click below for more info or to order:

2000-2009 Outback

2000-2007 Outback Sedan

2010-2015+ Outback

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

Ken972 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 09:32 PM

I really like the way yellow foglites cut thru blowing snow at night. Are YELLOW led fog-bulbs available?

post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 09:42 PM

Car: 2006 Outback XT Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post
I really like the way yellow foglites cut thru blowing snow at night. Are YELLOW led fog-bulbs available?
I think they already answered that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Please note that most LED fog lights are intended for cosmetic purposes only, and will not project light in the same way that the factory bulbs do. Your car will look great at night, but if you are looking for higher output, we strongly recommend using an HID conversion.
Sounds like it won't be cutting through anything beyond some street riderz' instagram feeds.

I don't mean to be the negative nelly though- I'm all for personalizing the way a given car looks & works. But where operational lighting is concerned, I put a lot of emphasis on the "works" part- I'll wait until somebody releases something that can match factory brightness and beam pattern.
KentuckyOutback and Skydaver like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Performance Valve Body

Did you know your 2005-2009 Outback has a built-in

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post
Unfortunately, due to the way LEDs work, bright yellow is not a color that's really possible with LED technology. They are much less efficient, and end up being an amber color. The best way to get a nice crisp yellow is with a yellow lens cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasterman View Post
I think they already answered that:
Sounds like it won't be cutting through anything beyond some street riderz' instagram feeds.

I don't mean to be the negative nelly though- I'm all for personalizing the way a given car looks & works. But where operational lighting is concerned, I put a lot of emphasis on the "works" part- I'll wait until somebody releases something that can match factory brightness and beam pattern.
Hey there Nelly

Fog lamps are rarely "operational lighting," most people actually use fog lights far too often, when they are not needed. The truth of the matter is that most vehicles now come with fog lights solely for cosmetic reasons: people like the way they look. If you want something that matches a factory bulb, there's plenty of good halogen options on the shelf at Autozone!

In fog lights, output pattern is not as important as headlights or driving lights. They basically just point down at the road. If you're talking headlights, you are 100% correct- the output pattern extremely important. There's a reason we are not selling these as headlight replacements, even though we easily could. Our bulbs are stamped "auxiliary lamp use only" on the bottom.

If it's not for you, that's fine, but no need to try and give "street riderz" a bad name. I don't follow them, personally.

Paul
KentuckyOutback likes this.

post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 07:59 AM

Car: 2006 Outback XT Limited
Quote:
If it's not for you, that's fine, but no need to try and give "street riderz" a bad name. I don't follow them, personally.
That's a fair point, I had that coming.

Though I'd like one other clarification- are all of these passively cooled? I've seen some LED headlight conversions that involved a fan attached to the heatsink. I'm not yet ready to trust lighting that needs moving parts.
KentuckyOutback likes this.
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: VDC Wagon 3.0 & Outback Limited Sedan 2.5
Quote:

Though I'd like one other clarification- are all of these passively cooled? I've seen some LED headlight conversions that involved a fan attached to the heatsink. I'm not yet ready to trust lighting that needs moving parts.
most bizarre.

and on the subject of headlights and particularly fog lights. Halogens got one great thing going for them in cold climates: they heat up and the ice / snow/ frost melt off the surface. yes one may still need to use brush and scraper, but the when the light is on at least the remaining crap on the lens disappears.

incedentally
with ice scrapers, personally I keep my nicest ones year round in the back of the cars, so they don't get lost.

oh and sorry to blot out weekend thoughts of warm BBQs and cold beer,

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans here:

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:

Ours do use a fully enclosed small waterproof fan for active cooling. This is much more reliable than most of the external fan bulbs, but of course, there's still room for failure. So on our bulbs, if the fan fails for any reason, they will still work fine, and thermistors will kick in to simply reduce brightness and prevent damage or circuit failure. Nothing bad will happen, they'll just be about 80% brightness. We only use the fan so we can boost up current a little bit, and squeeze a little more brightness out of the bulbs. In fact, if you want them without a fan, just take the fan off- they'll work just fine, and still be extremely bright.

Again, these are not for headlights. While you cannot compromise headlight function for any reason, it will be OK if your fog light dims a little bit. We haven't had any fail in our tests- even leaving them in water for hours- but if a fan were to fail, there would be no safety risk, and it would be covered under our 3-year warranty as well.

There are a couple passive-cooled ones out there, but they're run at lower power or have gigantic heatsinks preventing installation on most vehicles. I was really hoping to do passive cooling with these but it just was not feasible in the end.

Paul

post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 02:34 PM

Car: 2015 Outback Premium
Quote:
Our 1,420 lumen XML2 LED foglights are now available in 4300K and 5000K colors!

Give us a call if you have any questions! (314) 205-3033

Thanks,
Nick C.
Any idea how many lumen the OEM fog lights are rated at?

Daily Driver: 2015 Outback Premium

Weekend Warrior: '91 Jeep YJ, 35's, lifted, locked.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Factory H11 bulbs are 1250 lumens +/- 10%

post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by verwilderd View Post
Any idea when you will be getting the brightest levels of your bulbs in? Almost every bulb type for the ob is out of stock for the brightest level. Also, any light output pics of the new xml bulbs?
We have a large number of items returning to stock soon, you can sign up for email notifications on the product listing to be alerted when they return to stock

Also, our production team is working on a new video that showcases the output of the XML2

Here's a basic example in a Jeep Wrangler's fog light housing

Thanks,
Nick C.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: