Subaru Outback Forums banner
S

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Media Albums About

• · Registered
    2 Posts
    i have a 2000 outback and have an electrical issue. driving with the lights on, sometimes they seem to brighten ( probably how they should be), and the ABS light, and battery light flash on, also when i run the heater fan on high it the lights flash on. any thoughts on how to fix? i was thinking an alternator or connection somewhere loose. thanks for your help.

· Registered
    22,689 Posts
    Got the front one done in Belmont CA -
    I think this is the shop that did mine. County Auto Mufflers & Brakes

(650) 593-1079

748 Old County Rd, Belmont, CA 94002
    Cross Streets: Between Masonic Way and Marine View Ave

Do the front one first and hold there. Chances are the rear one is fine.

But before you get all crazy replacing cats - replace the front o2 sensor with a stock OEM sensor - rear one can be generic but the front sensor needs to be OEM for some reason the generic O2 sensors in the front position cause issues.

· Registered
    22,689 Posts
    Got the front one done in Belmont CA -
    I think this is the shop that did mine. County Auto Mufflers & Brakes

(650) 593-1079

748 Old County Rd, Belmont, CA 94002
    Cross Streets: Between Masonic Way and Marine View Ave

Do the front one first and hold there. Chances are the rear one is fine.

But before you get all crazy replacing cats - replace the front o2 sensor with a stock OEM sensor - rear one can be generic but the front sensor needs to be OEM for some reason the generic O2 sensors in the front position cause issues.

· Registered
    42 Posts
    Hi there, can you give me a shop location where you got your cats done? I'm getting quoted $650 here in Sacramento, might be worth the trip down there.
    Thanks!!
    Nick

· Registered
    '11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
    3,785 Posts
    oh yeah, i put a ton of pictures in my THIS IS MY OUTBACK...thread

· Registered
    3,785 Posts
    i hope you dont have hardwood floors, they still shed a bit but its not so bad. we have to take her to the vet about once a year

· Registered
    3,785 Posts
    oh yeah, very affectionate! even though she's 55 lbs., she still climbs in my lap almost every day. something about german dogs, my dad's assistance dog was a german shepard(long haired)actually born in germany, and it pulled my dad and his wheel chair in the snow, just didn't like the drool, my dog now doesn't drool much except when my daughter teases her with treats.

· Registered
    3,785 Posts
    funny you posted this, just yesterday there was a thread on offroadsubarus.com about dogs. the german shorthair is the perfect dog in my opinion. mine barks once a month, but the breed is for hunting and they're not all like that. so good with kids, my 2 year old climbs on her and was so mean at times but the dog doesn't care, they're best friends. only bad thing i can say about a german short hair is that they need to run! at least 30 mins a day. i take mine to my father-in-law's 5 acres to play fetch every day. get a chuckit! the dog is great around all kids, pretty mellow dog, just whines a lot if it cant run! again she's great around kids

· Registered
    2006 Outback 4cy auto
    3 Posts
    Subiesailor- You were right on about the aftermarket fron axle causing a rumble on my '06 Outback. My other CV boot just happened to go out, so I took it to dealer and mechanic looked inside and said, "that's the wrong axle" Of course, my old one is long gone but the independent installed a new ($400! I bought at dealer) axle at no charge. There is also a good post by sgtschultz regarding this issue. Thank you!

· Registered
    14 Posts
    Subiesailor,
    I've been reading this site for the last couple months and your info on the CVT vs manual has been very helpful. I know you tow with your CVT and I was wondering if you have had to have your CVT fluid changed yet? Do you know how much it was, and do you think it is possible/relatively straight forward to change the fluid yourself?

I really want to test drive a 2013 6MT, but being in FL that seems to be nearly impossible.
    Thanks,
    Scott

· Registered
    2004 Outback Wagon, H4, Manual
    19 Posts
    subiesailor-
    I've seen threads here about GPS for Subaru, but I thought you might have some thoughts: I don't have a great need for a GPS, but since I'm a sailor, if I had one, I would want it to be as useful in my Subie as it is in a boat. Any idea on what brand does well on both land and sea in one package?

Thanks for any pointers~

· Registered
    2011 Outback Premium CVT, AWP, Steel Silver
    811 Posts
    Hey Subiesailor,

Didn't you say you towed a boat with your Outback? You have the 2.5 right with CVT right? How much does your boat weigh? How far do you typically venture?
    Just curious. I have a 1000lb boat now but I am thinking of going to a different one probably pushing 2000lbs.

· Registered
    1 Posts
    Great waxing tip. Thanks. Trying to do the best for my new Outback. Curious what you "sail".

Rusty Burke
    Eureka, CA
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…