NC Subie Owners - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 PM

Car: 02 Outback 2.5 5sp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ya there are some places. Some I haven't gone to for the simple fact of needing a second vehicle "just in case." Not all places need mods, just need to know how to pick a line.

I currently go to ASU, getting my bachelor's, as an "older" student... It is an ok school in a fantatsic area if you like outdoor recreational pursuits.

It be great to go riding. Shoot me a PM next time you come up!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highest_vision View Post
Ya there are some places. Some I haven't gone to for the simple fact of needing a second vehicle "just in case." Not all places need mods, just need to know how to pick a line.

I currently go to ASU, getting my bachelor's, as an "older" student... It is an ok school in a fantatsic area if you like outdoor recreational pursuits.

It be great to go riding. Shoot me a PM next time you come up!
Yeah, no mods as of yet except for a Rally Innovations Light bar, which unfortunately severely affects my approach angles. I've already ripped it off once. As well as a magnaflow oval muffler, only because the old muffler 'whistled.' I plan to lift it this summer on King Springs and get General Grabber AT2's.

I also truly enjoy the outdoors, looking into getting a canoe for the girlfriend and myself. Unfortunately can't do much in the ways of extreme sports due to medical limitations. Mostly just keep it to mild hikes and starting to camp more.

I'm also an older student, sort of, in that I'm 22 and a sophomore. So not much older than these other kids, but enough that there are noticeable differences in life experiences.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 PM

Dude, I cannot recommend the grabbers. i have them now. Great in dirt, gravel, etc, but horrible in snow. Maybe not horrible, but just like all seasons.

I know about ripping stuff off the front! I am on bumper #2, and I have just cut the bottom off. Plus side is that I know the limits of a stock outback on all seasons!

I am 29 and a junior, but my major is full of older students. Retired mil, ex-shop owners, outward bounders looking to advance, etc.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highest_vision View Post
Dude, I cannot recommend the grabbers. i have them now. Great in dirt, gravel, etc, but horrible in snow. Maybe not horrible, but just like all seasons.

I know about ripping stuff off the front! I am on bumper #2, and I have just cut the bottom off. Plus side is that I know the limits of a stock outback on all seasons!

I am 29 and a junior, but my major is full of older students. Retired mil, ex-shop owners, outward bounders looking to advance, etc.
I am not worried about them for snow, I plan on having them as an extra set to swap on when I want to go play. I work at Higgins Automotive (don't know if you've heard of it, we have a few customers in Boone) and we have a set of studded snow tires just sitting there I'm thinking of picking up. I've heard 15" wheels will fit 2000 and 2001 but that they changed the caliper in 2002. Just haven't test fitted it.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 AM

Supposedly 10/2001 is the change date for the brakes. I think with a 2000 you are pretty much garranteed to have the ability to fit 15" wheels. If we ever get a winter again, you will appreciate the studs. I have never driven anything with studs, but if they are even close to chains you'll be set!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 01:33 PM

Car: 2016 Outback 2.5i Limited
Has there been any progress on this?
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 05:43 PM

Car: 2001 Outback. H6, 3.0 LL bean
I realize this thread is a bit old ..

I'm not ready for prime time yet, am still accumulating parts to recondition my new to me '01 H6.

But am willing to meet up and bang out the trails when my ride is up and running. I've run Uwharrie a few times in my Jeep and on my bikes. The rocks are a bit too technical for a subbie I think though, definitely should be done as a group so recovery is an option.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 12:14 PM

Car: 2017 Outback Premium 2.5i, Crystal White, Slate Black Cloth, Eyesight, Moonroof, Nav, 20mm RSB
Garage
Wondering if we can revive this. I'd love to meet some other Subie owners, esp. in the Piedmont. Back road/fire road driving sounds like fun. I'd definitely want to do it in a group, as I'm stone stock, with stock tires.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 03:32 PM

Car: 2017 Outback 2.5i Limited, Option Package 21 Carbide Gray
Pisgah Forest, NC here..

" Remote for Detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, it beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind and soul of man"

Harold Allen
The Appalachian Trail
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 09:54 PM

Car: 2017 ISM 3.6R
Triangle area.. was just driving around the Pisgah/Linville area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: