Subaru Outback Forums banner
G

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    27 Posts
    Hey I was just wondering did you also install a new head unit in your outback or you used the stock one?

· Registered
    '15 Outback Prem
    73 Posts
    sorry i don't get on this thing a lot and didn't see your message til now.
    So the two problems you mentioned the 1st sounds like perhaps with wiring, perhaps there's a poor connection or some interference during the install along the speaker lines, I would double check that and especially at the amp.

The tweeter rattling could be from installation and i'm not sure how you did it but w/the ones I got it fits pretty squared so I didn't run into issues there.

I hope that helps. Not sure how much further advice I could give w/o visually seeing things as you know.

Good luck
    phu

· Registered
    4 Posts
    I posted a response to your audio upgrade. Some other member may have some more insight but I would certainly start with checking the wiring.

Does the *hissing* also increase in loudness as you accelerate the vehicle? If it does this is also called a ground loop which will also indicate and insecure ground. Also try to check for hissing when the engine is turned off. This guide may also help: Noise Suppression Guide - Noise Suppression Guide

· Registered
    2015 Outback Premium 2.5i PZEV
    34 Posts
    I would like to post some picsof the speaker mods, but I am not tech savvy with the cloud storage and stuff.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…