Subaru Outback Forums banner
S

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, CWP w/Black Leather, Nav, Moonroof, EyeSight, WeatherTech DigitalFit Mats, Torklift EcoHitch, JDM Grille, 19mm RSB
    94 Posts
    Thanks for the recommendation Steindor15
    I'll check out the A118C unit.

Scoobie888

· Banned
    65 Posts
    Since the thread was closed by petulant children...

Yes, I see your point.I understand the concept. However, what isn't realized is that somewhere that energy is lost. You have to open the throttle valve more because of the restriction. So this means that less air is flowing through the filter, and the engine still needs to suck that air in. This means that at that opening, that was 10% that is now 13%, you've lost 3% of your capacity. Is it compensated for? Yes. Modern engines these days are all computer controlled. But you still lose capacity. And I'm of the mindset that I shouldn't be running 13% when I could be running 10%. The engine may make up for it, but you're not as efficient or as powerful as you could be.

If I have pneumonia, I will be greatly affected when trying to run full speed. Sitting down it may not bug me as much - but it's still there, right? Kinda the same deal for me. The pressure drop is still there, so there's still a resistance.

That's how I see it anyway.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…