Subaru Outback Forums banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    2001 OBW, 2.5L, 165k
    75 Posts
    Happy Tuesday! I read your post about replacing axles... We'll done and thank you. My question - my axle seems to be stuck in the hub. I've used penetrating oil, tapped with a hammer, used an axle puller a all without the axle budging. Suggestions?

TIA!

· Registered
    2001 OBW H6 VDC
    828 Posts
    I just noticed...a bunch of people have visited this page in the last few months...so maybe I should post something here. :) OK...

My avatar is clipped from video taken at the wheel of my Outback on California SR 108 westbound from Sonora pass. Sweeping curves at 75mph with fresh air streaming in the windows, pines towering on either side of the road, mountain-filled horizon in the distance, and no other cars. I know a little secret... :20:

I believe that dreamers, doers, makers, teachers, builders, fixers, healers, storytellers, researchers, explorers, and iconoclasts are the future of humanity. :29: Parasites need not apply. :28:

I enjoy my Outback (2001 H6 VDC) more than any car I have ever driven. I would love a new one, but the last 2 generations have been increasingly disappointing. I hope that Subaru will saturate the market with their "mainstream" designs in the next couple of years, and then return to great functional design to recapture their original customers. :29:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…