M

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    0 Posts
    Hey,

I saw your post on the feed 2012 Factory Remote Starter and noticed that you did an install on a 2010 Legacy which you bought (and It didn't come with RS off the lot) and you installed the RS yourself, and took it to the dealer for the programming... We'll I'm about to do the same thing for my wife's 2011 Legacy - I'm going to use the H011SAJ400 and the installation instructions (as linked) to do the install myself. My only concern is going to be the final step of registering your RM with the "Immobilization Register"......
    ----post is too long - have to break it up into two messages (SORRY!) ----

· Registered
    0 Posts
    -----Post is too long, had to break it into two messages (2 of 2)-----
    .... On page 10 of the instructions, there is a flow chart for programming this using an "SDI Diagnostic Plug". I'm not sure what that is, but I have a Vag-Com and a free Subaru diagnostic software "FreeSSM"...

Here's my question - even with these tools, is it still impossible to program the RM via the OBD-II connector and the freeware by yourself? I am going to try to connect the Vag-Com and software to my wife's car tomorrow, so I'll know by then. At the end of the day, ~$315 for the unit and ~$100 for the dealer to program it isn't that bad, maybe I'm cheap, or maybe I just don't want to 'half-DIY' it.

Any information / guidance you can offer is appreciated. Thank you!

· Registered
    7 Posts
    Hi there,

I'm contacting you to see if you've been able to address the body leaning issue for your OB. I see there had been a long thread about this issue, but no clear solution suggested. I've had what I thought was an alignment issue for my '11 OB Limited, and it just turned out last night that the driver and passenger sides are different in terms of measurements from the group. The driver side is lower, which might explain why I'm pulling to the left constantly even after the alignment has been squared away...

Anyway, let me know if you have any insights for this issue, which is really the only thing that annoys me about my car right now...

Thanks!
    Brian
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…