Subaru Outback Forums banner

Subaru Plow

24K views 61 replies 23 participants last post by  SwamiSalami 
#1 ·
Someone needs to invent a plow that I can attach to the front of my Scooby. It doesn't need to be all fancy and hydraulic...just a solid piece of plastic/metal that I could use.

Imagine it...back the car into the garage at night...in the morning, attach the plow to the front end (via the ingenius mounting system) set it to the desired angle, and simply put the car into a low gear and push the snow directly across the street into the front yard of the house over there. One simple motion to remove the bulk of the snow in the driveway. Then just back right back into your driveway and remove the plow. Shovel up the rest of the mess and you're done.

I imagine it could save a ton of time and I'm pretty sure that we've got enough torque to be able to push a decent amount of snow directly out of the driveway, we'd have good traction to start with coming out of the garage too.

I suppose I could've put this into the "ultimate outback" thread, but this is something that seems more universal. Perhaps our friend who makes the custom front-end Brush/Bull Bar system can design some sort of adapter for a plow system...

*dreams*

See less See more
#54 ·
that might have been convincing....if his story didn't bite so much...and the foot wasn't down on the plow(see pic)....no matter what you do, there is no way anyone could mount a plow like that to a unibody car(unless you transplant a full body truck frame)...and why anyone would want to use a 2WD porsche for that matter is beyond me anyway

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.