Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Single Post - Husky vs Weathertech?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 08:59 AM
Deanski

Car: 2013 Outback 2.5 Premium CVT
Weathertechs are a very good mat, but they do not cover further up by the pedals area.

Only problem first with Husky, they off-gas an odor for a while, but it goes away.

Pictures attached of what they look like.

Also, like the cover for the fuel door release lever, you can leave it covered for more protection or cut it out.

Weathertechs are a thick plastic, very durable and have always had them in the past. The only reason I did Husky was due to the lack of coverage further up the foot well on the drivers side. If WeatherTech made these a bit further up the well, I'd have those installed.

Husky liners are more of a rubber style liner, stiff rubber just not that hard plastic like WeatherTech.

Just make sure you get liners as the carpet is so **** thin and easy to wear. With only several thousand miles, my carpet was wearing down where I rest my heel, down to the backing. Picture attached of that as well. Had new carpet replaced under warranty even though Subaru was not at first willing, but after I protested that this is the first car to wear like this, they came to their senses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front DS.jpg
Views:	3384
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	137737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front PS.jpg
Views:	3138
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	137745   Click image for larger version

Name:	9984_2nd seat PS.jpg
Views:	2804