Canadian Survey - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
post #21 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 12:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey guys!!!... as this is my first post I will make it a good one ...
just took delivery of a '05 champagne VDC Outback 5EAT and I love it!!!!... now let me preface this by saying I am getting out of a 2000 GMC Envoy and I hated it!! ...I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks at least and have been reading all the information I could get my hands on . Thanks to the site owners and mods who have got a great resource for OB owners to experience!.
So...

USERNAME:........ Quig
CURRENT LOCATION...........Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
VEHICLE.... '05 VDC OUTBACK
VEHICLE.... '95 IMPREZA wagon CANADIAN P4 Rally car
VEHICLE.... '97 WRX STI soon to be open class rally car!! (ex Tom McGeer Subaru of Canada race car)
I drive a chevy 3/4 ton pick up as my daily driver and the new subie is my wifes car...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2005 OBXT Ltd 5MT Champagne
Hi ther quig, goo to have you on board! It looks like you are a regular Subaru nut, so you'll fit right in

Congrats on the VDC, very nice car, although a bit slow

Keep us abreast of your racing experience, that is very interesting.

Fast Sly
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” - James Dean

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #23 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 12:22 PM

Thumbs up

thank you... as I progress with the STI I will report in and ...slow did you say??? hahaha you turbo guys are all the same...remember the old addage..."there's no replacement for displacement " I would also add that you too have made a fine choice ...I especially like your choice of color even if the engine is kinda small

Quig

post #24 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by quig
thank you... as I progress with the STI I will report in and ...slow did you say??? hahaha you turbo guys are all the same...remember the old addage..."there's no replacement for displacement " I would also add that you too have made a fine choice ...I especially like your choice of color even if the engine is kinda small

Quig
I knew it, he fits right in

Fast Sly

|
|
post #25 of 168 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 05:20 PM

Hey everyone. I have a 98 Subaru Legacy, but my mom has a 2000 Outback. Really good cars for snow We definitly need AWD where I live (New Brunswick). Heres a pic of our 'driveway'
post #26 of 168 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Hi Sha-Zapple (?!?)

Yeah you guys sure get a lot of snow! Been watching the news, blizzard after blizzard... I bet most people are in good shape by now from all the shoveling!

Fast Sly

|
|
post #27 of 168 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 09:03 AM
jri

Copied from the Car of the Year thread, where I originally posted this in error..................

--------------------------------------

Well, it's official, I have finished the importing process!

I now have Ontario ownership and plates. As promised, here is the itemized comparison......

What I paid, using the actual exchange rates-----------

Van Bortel 2.5i = 22,765 @ 1.2125 = 27,603 cdn
Freight = 580 @ 1.2125 = 703 cdn
Misc. Fees (e.g. trip permit, doc.) = 78 @ 1.2125 = 94 cdn

GST (7% of 22,765 @ 1.2383) = 2,030 cdn
Air Tax = 100 cdn
RIV Fee = 182 cdn
PST (8% of 22,765 @ 1.2383) = 2,320 cdn

Grand Total = $33,032 cdn

What I think I would have paid in Canada ---------

Cdn 2.5= 30,700 (best price I was able to get through half-hearted negotiations. May have been able to get if for 30,500 ?!?) vs. list of 32,995

Freight = 1,195
Cdn Misc. Fees = 50 (estimated)
GST (7% of 30,700 + 1,195 + 50) = 2,236
Air Tax = 100
PST (8% of 30,700 + 1,195+ 50) = 2,556

Grand Total = $36,837 cdn

Total Savings = $ 3,804

Karl and Van Bortel were fanstasic, and so far my first Subaru experience has been a great one! Now have 1000 miles on the car, and love it. I got a few options, but did not include them in any of the numbers above to compare equivalent cars. I did not have to do anything for the car to pass Canadian inspection!

JI
post #28 of 168 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 08:15 PM

Car: 98 Outback Sport 2.2
Wink Canadian membership

Username: Rumple38

vehicle: 1998 Legacy Outback limited wagon moonroofer aka:Black Dog

vehicle 2: Saturn SL2 lease soon up

colour: Black. The paint scheme (black, grey and bronze) matches that of a can of Guinness! I get thirsty just thinking about it

purchased : three weeks ago, with about 120,000 in near mint condition

pros: 1.totally confident traction in the several snowstorms
we've had since we got it. 2. Good cargo capacity 3. More than enough power for the type of driving I do (secondary highway and back roads)4. Heated seats are a nice little luxury.

cons 1.lack of MPG (compared to the Saturn) 2. too much of a Yuppie-car image for my neighbourhood (rural village: pick-ups and Cavaliers) Nevertheless, I love it as much as my old departed
Nissan pick-up, and almost as much as my departed '72 TR-6.
post #29 of 168 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Welcome to our board rumple38!

I'm north of Ottawa, so I guess we're not too far from each other.

Fast Sly

|
|
post #30 of 168 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 08:19 AM

Car: 98 Outback Sport 2.2
Not too far from sduford

Yes, Close enough that I did most of my OB hunting in Ottawa. My closest dealer is in Kingston. I'm west of Brockville (20 min. by Saturn, only 12 by Subaru). I'm far enough west that I get into some mildly hilly terrain (where the Canadian Sheild erupts) and am spared the driving monotony of the Eastern Ontario plain. There are not many Subarus in my area. Oddly of the 3 Outbacks that I do see regularly, 2 have an identical paint scheme to mine (black & slate).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: