Buying Experience - Southern AB - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Buying Experience - Southern AB

I just bought an Outback. I approached 4 dealers by email asking for their out-the-door price and met with one dealership in person. Here are my thoughts:

- Scott Subaru in Red Deer. I bought from these guys. I did everything over email. It was so easy. They had the best price. I didn't even haggle with them because I felt they had given me their best price (~3.9% over invoice after rebates). More on that at some other time. These guys have good reviews on Google and deserve them.

Subaru of Lethbridge - Excellent reviews on Google. They provided the most detailed quote. They were quick. Their price was higher. I didn't try to haggle. If I buy a Subaru again, I will give these folks a change.

Calgary Subaru - They offered me a pretty decent price without any haggling. But they were really slow. Email responses would take a day or two. I never did figure out whether their price included a block heater and I started working with these guys 2 or 3 days before the people above.

Centaur Subaru in Calgary - They were quick by email, but they would not provide anything but the MSRP via email. However, they were open to offers made in person. I went there. The dealership was crawling with people. I knew immediately there wasn't much point in trying to haggle because they could take their pick of who they wanted to sell a car to (yes, there was that many people there - over the course of a 20 minute wait (yes, we had an appointment), it was hard to even sit in the showroom vehicle we wanted to sit in because there were that many people looking at it). Ultimately, I was surprised. We got to within a couple hundred dollars of making a deal. The salesman burnt all bridges when we left. I think it was just an error in judgement on his part in an otherwise stressful day for him. He seems to get pretty good reviews otherwise.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 02:32 AM

Thanks for the info as we are from Calgary and the new OB is on our short list.

We are going to test drive a few tomorrow but right now we are really interested in the 3.6R Limited/Tech.

What model do you have and what kind of pricing and availability can we expect for this model??

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 04:00 AM

Car: 2014 Subaru Legacy 3.6R, Venetian Red Pearl, EyeSight.
Send a message via Skype™ to izzypal
I had a rude experience at Centaur and quickly decided for myself that this dealer would not be getting my business. This was the second chance I have them. The first time I sought service there I was referred elsewhere, but didn't think that was a big deal.

Subaru of Calgary hasn't treated me well either. After having my car in for service for a warranty claim I was told there was nothing wrong with my car. I required a loaner as I need my car for work (which is why I bought new), I was taken to Budget.

Subaru of Lethbridge has treated me well for over three years, so I reward good service with my business. They seem to go out of their way to ensure I have a pleasant experience and a working vehicle. Plus, they can get me for an appointment in the same week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 02:42 PM

I have been unimpressed with Subaru of Calgary.

I had the best car sale transaction of my life at Centaur, the salesman was not one who enjoyed the haggling process, and opened extremely low. I haven't seen a better deal posted than we got on the car we ordered. PMs requesting the sales persons name are welcome. I didn't previously know him and have no affiliation, just a very good experience. The parts department has been great to deal with so far as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: