Subaru Outback Forums banner

Any suggestion about free accessories or free schedule maintenance?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  substars 
#1 ·
Due to its high demand of Outback tech package, it is really hard to get a good price here. I saw a lot of guys in the south get price close to invoice, which is almost impossible in Canada. Asking for some accessories could be an alternative solution, I guess.

Does anyone know how to ask for free accessories? which free accessories I should ask?

Is it possible to ask for a voucher for one-time free schedule maintenance ?(We got this when my wife bought her Wrangler.)

#2 ·
I ordered my 16'OB three weeks ago and received it on Wednesday..... 27 of the 35 Outbacks that were on a train for delivery to my dealer were already spoken for: It's hard to get the dealer to move on the price of a car that is sold before it even lands in the showroom....

That said, you can ALWAYS ask for accessories. My approach was, "You know, I really want to walk out of here feeling like I made a good deal and so far, I don't." After I said that, I sat back and kept my mouth shut. Now, I put a very large down-payment on the car and that helped. The salesman said, "We can't wiggle on the price BUT are there any accessories that you would like?" Basically he did all the work for me.

The accessories cost the dealer very little, I am thinking. I asked for, and received:

- All-weather matts
- Rear Bumper protector/ pad
- Side window vent/ covers
- extended warranty for 50% off.

Hope that helps.....

#3 ·
I will ask for rubber mats and rear bumper protector. I am going to lease my car, so I don't need extended warranty for now. But, still, 50% off, that is hard to believe. Bravo!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.