2016 Outback Pricing in Canada - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #21 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcomer View Post
Re: Cargo tray
I thought so too but I realize how tricky dealers can be so I made sure it was included in writing in my OTD price.

Re: Price
So maybe I did get an unbelievable price.
Under 40k includes all taxes/fees (the Outback, Freight/PDI, tire levy, A/C levy, AMVIC levy, & 5%GST)

After 1 week and 350km, I'm very happy.
Yep, your price is madness. I would be curious to see your Bill of Sale that has the discount values on it.

For a better point of comparison, $41,399.75 is my after all the fees listed and discounts applied, but before 13% tax (versus your 5%). So let's say if I had the accessories you selected (as I have about $1500 in accessories), mine would still only be 40k before tax, including my discounts.

Doing a rough reverse calculation of 40k / 1.05% = ~38000 That means you had about 4.25k in discounts, ($2000 more than I received: 40k - 38k = 2k + my own 2.25k discount).

I also assume you had no trade-in value applied to your total. If you have a trade-in, that changes the game.

TL;DR: If above is correct, you had about $4250 off MSRP (below invoice), I had $2250, most people are getting $0-1000. Congrats

J-Bear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 01:09 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Car: 2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited with Tech & Eyesight
Posts: 31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bear View Post
Yep, your price is madness. I would be curious to see your Bill of Sale that has the discount values on it.

For a better point of comparison, $41,399.75 is my after all the fees listed and discounts applied, but before 13% tax (versus your 5%). So let's say if I had the accessories you selected (as I have about $1500 in accessories), mine would still only be 40k before tax, including my discounts.

Doing a rough reverse calculation of 40k / 1.05% = ~38000 That means you had about 4.25k in discounts, ($2000 more than I received: 40k - 38k = 2k + my own 2.25k discount).

I also assume you had no trade-in value applied to your total. If you have a trade-in, that changes the game.

TL;DR: If above is correct, you had about $4250 off MSRP (below invoice), I had $2250, most people are getting $0-1000. Congrats
Thanks!

I didn't do trade-in because their offer was too low but I understand that is the game. I'll keep the old but trusty Nissan Versa as my winter vehicle and park/store the Subaru

The dealer said they lost money on my deal (don't they always say that) but I don't believe them and I know I didn't get below invoice price. I used Unhaggle invoice price + 3% and just got under that. I think that's fair and most importantly I'm happy with that price.

Overcomer is offline  
post #23 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 10:29 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I wonder if Alberta dealers were feeling a squeeze due to gas price crash and lower auto sales? Maybe that's how you got such a good deal...

Unhaggle invoice price is around $36,376 for the model specified when I checked into it during my purchase period. MSRP (before fees/levies) is $40,195. With your 4250 discount, they would have been selling below invoice.

Again, huge deal. You probably got the best deal in Canada this year
J-Bear is offline  
 
post #24 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ordered a 2.5i Touring 6MT for $32,000 out the door, tax in. Seemed pretty decent to me.
bspot is offline  
post #25 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 08:26 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Car: 2016, Touring with Tech, 2.5
Posts: 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just purchased a 2.5 touring. Multiple dealers told me they would not offer discount as demand was greater than supply. One offered a small discount, $500 I think. Emailed a bunch of other dealers, one phoned me and we started the game. Wound up with a discount of around $1300. Also, the interest rate dropped to 1.9% for 48 months.
MrFurley is offline  
post #26 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Car: 2016 Outback 2.5i Touring CVT
Posts: 164
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurley View Post
Just purchased a 2.5 touring. Multiple dealers told me they would not offer discount as demand was greater than supply. One offered a small discount, $500 I think. Emailed a bunch of other dealers, one phoned me and we started the game. Wound up with a discount of around $1300. Also, the interest rate dropped to 1.9% for 48 months.
Congratulations ! I recently picked up a 2.5i touring too in the GTA area (10 days ago).
You got a decent discount, I got around $1000 plus around $450 worth of accessories (with labour).
When do you get it i.e. how long is the wait ?
vhercules is offline  
post #27 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 11:05 AM
Registered User
 
West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: North
Car: 2016 Outback 2.5 Limited
Posts: 135
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The Subaru factory incentive now is up to $1,500.
Last month I got $1,000 off the sticker plus $1,200 in installed accessories.
West is online now  
post #28 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 11:13 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Car: 2016 Outback 2.5i Touring CVT
Posts: 164
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
The Subaru factory incentive now is up to $1,500.
I believe that is only for cash and not on finance / lease
vhercules is offline  
post #29 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 11:15 AM
Registered User
 
West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: North
Car: 2016 Outback 2.5 Limited
Posts: 135
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhercules View Post
I believe that is only for cash and not on finance / lease
Could be, I buy cars with cash.
West is online now  
post #30 of 66 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspot View Post
Ordered a 2.5i Touring 6MT for $32,000 out the door, tax in. Seemed pretty decent to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
The Subaru factory incentive now is up to $1,500.
Last month I got $1,000 off the sticker plus $1,200 in installed accessories.
Thanks for the update, I confirmed that now brings me down to $31,500 as I haven't taken delivery yet

bspot is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome