Gen 5 3.6R LTD tire + wheel winter recommendations - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gen 5 3.6R LTD tire + wheel winter recommendations

While I am aware of the tire thread in the Gen 5 forum, I find it filled with clutter and very little information relevant to what is available in Canada. My questions are based on the wheel size info from here.

Please let me know what you have used.

Is anyone using Michelin X-Ice3's? Are you using 17 inch or 18 inch diameter?

There only seems to be 18 inch compatible: 91224 225/60R18 100 H (Michelin Tires). (Blizzak WS80's have the 17 versions: 225/65R17 102H here).

So I'll probably just go with 18 inch wheels. I would prefer that the wheels be hub centric, but I have not been able to find 56.1 mm center bore, 18 inch rims anywhere.

Where can I find some 18 inch 56.1 center bore rims with 5x114.3 bolt pattern, 7 inch width, and 48-55 offset?

I am leaning toward steels as alloys are just too expensive for winter use...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 08:39 AM

I don't have a 3.6ltd but rather a lowly 2.5i.... That said I just bought some new snow tires last week.

I bought 17s and would suggest you do the same.... They are cheaper and the 225 65 17 size is quite easy to find.

Since I had the base 2.5 my outback came with 17" steelies from the factory which became my winter wheels. You should look around junk yards for some and may be able to find them. Alternatively, you can buy them online from one of the subaru parts retailers if you are able to drive across the border and pick them up.

As for which tires.... I chose the new Blizzak ws80 because I'm in Ottawa and because I got them for a steal. The deal is still on at Costco I thought nk where I got the tires for 127 each plus tax and install after the 70$ discount.

I have xice on my van and the blizzaks I feel are better suited for ottawa winters. If I love very in Toronto or southern Ontario or even Calgary for that matter I wrought probably buy the xice because their longer lasting and better suited to the warmer climes I think.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 06:26 PM

Car: 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited w/Eyesight
Garage
I run Blizzak DMV1 on my truck and they are wonderful. My Outback came with Nokian winter tires (that I will get next month). My dealer has one particular wheel model that is bolt-on on the Outback. They looks nice to me, So I will have my tires mounted on a set of these. The sell for 180$ +tx each. These are 18''.

This is a Montreal Based distributor, but I guess you can reach them. They have a couple different models.
http://www.rwcwheels.com/fr/site/col...r/subaru/sb40]

2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited w/Eyesight
2016 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel BigHorn 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: