Subaru Outback Forums banner

How many on here from Alberta?

16K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  RKNN 
#1 ·
I am wondering how many guys on here are from Alberta? And how many would be interested in having some kind of meet with our subies? I am getting more and more interested in this kind of thing. I went to Edmonton for my first RallyX and had a blast!

Let me know!

Jay.

#9 ·
As silly and strange as it may be, there is a number of clubs that deal mostly in WRX and the STI groups and they mainly stick close to each other and yet I get a sense that are never really chipper about an Outback coming along. I am wondering since there are a lot of Outback peoples out there, if there was a number of people interested in doing any get togethers. Can do all kinds of neat mountain trips and such, I think it would be a blast!

#19 ·
YAY!! Someone close to me from High Prairie! Anytime is a good time to go to Grande Cache and Jasper when you have an Outback! I would like some help from anyone who would be interested, in making an Outback campout for 2014. It would be a place where it would be central and easy and equal for everyone to come and enjoy, talk, BS, and just have a great time.

#23 ·
Calgary here, however on the Outback's brother, the Legacy, model 08. Love snow driving and for that part I can't wait for winter. I'd like to get better at it and would love to go explore the snowy parts of the Alberta countryside with someone like-minded who can teach me a thing or two. Taking a u-turn drifting would be something. I also like the rallye-kind of driving. Even though my Legacy is not a WRX or STI I still have lots of fun with it whenever on the right road.

#28 ·
Edmonton Dealerships?

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are looking at getting an outback, and we live in Edmonton. Do any of you have buying experiences (both positive and negative) from some of the local dealerships?

We've heard that Scott Subaru in Red Deer is willing to negotiate on MSRP, but haven't heard much about the Edmonton dealers (City and Rally). Any info would be appreciated!

#29 ·
Bought at City last November, not much room for negotiation as they had no stock. My wife bought the showroom car in September, I lucked out and found a 6MT in transit and picked it up in November. They were reasonable on trade-in values but really had no room to negotiate on the new cars. By now maybe they have a few more units on the lot, but it was a bit of a seller's market at the time. Unless it was to save a substantial amount (couple thousand $) I don't think it would be worth the hassle to drive a couple of hours, but that's just me.

Brad Laing is who we dealt with at City, he was okay as a salesman. Not pushy, gave us the info we needed, pretty straightforward.

Good luck.

#30 ·
We test drove about 15 cars (including Outbacks at both local dealerships) in two weeks in January before we decided on the Outback, then went back to the most reasonable salesperson we encountered (Ken Hutzal at Subaru City). We did get some discounts, but only because we bought a 2014 demo with 9,000 km on it ($4000 cash incentive from Subaru and $2500 and a free aftermarket remote starter from the dealer).
Both Rally and City are owned by the same people, so I wouldn't expect any major differences between them.

#32 ·
Edmonton here 2006 OBXT 5 speed. Love it. She's not without her faults but I would have it any different.
I think it would pretty cool to have some kind of meet up with other enthusiasts. I see a lot of "non-enthusiasts" driving outbacks (grannys and such) and not getting the wave back is heart breaking. haha
Cheers everyone!

Edit: Hadn't realized I commented a few years ago in this thread. My bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.