Subaru Outback Forums banner

2017 Outback Canadian Pricing

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  chigga 
#1 ·
Since there was no thread for the 2017 model yet, I thought I'd start one! :)

So, here's the continuation from this thread

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/28-canada/324833-2016-outback-pricing-canada.html

for the 2017 models:

Just last week (happy Valentine's Day!) I picked up my 2017 Premier 3.6R in Calgary, AB. This is the fully loaded model with EyeSight.

MRSP: $41595
Invoice: $37643 (source: Unhaggle).
Asked for for 5% above invoice
Paid $45489 after GST

Extras:
$999 - "protection package", which is dealer specific I believe, includes: paint and leather protection, "chemical rust guard", "undercoat/sound barrier protection", "Diamond Fusion Windshield Protection"
Block heater - included

I was expecting a struggle getting anything below MRSP since the dealers in Calgary have a reputation of not being flexible when it comes to pricing. However, what they agreed to was not exactly 5% above invoice, but rather 5% above their cost and that included freight and some other small fees they claimed as cost. I believe it came down to something like 6% above invoice in the end. Still, they had one last premier model left and it was a 3.6R like I wanted. Originally, I wanted it in brilliant brown pearl, but apparently that colour is sold out. They had it in black, which also looks very cool and it comes with the java brown leather as well.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, that's definitely on the list. Using the car as my daily commute, so it gets driven almost daily. The problem with road trips is that I don't want my kids to dirty the new ride, so for now we go in the 2011 3.6R. My 5-year old loves to kick the s$$% out of the seats and regularly makes messes with juice and so on. Can't imagine that on the new leather! The 2017 is MINE! (not precious)

#5 ·
I'm looking for a new 2017 subaru as well so I'm interested in this thread.
@Arnieduke, I don't know if your math adds up (not that it matters. as long as you're happy with what you've paid for). Please correct me if I miscalculated.

So working backwards, the overall price before GST is $43323 ($45489/1.05).
This works out to be around 15% above the invoice price $37643.

So when you said "I believe it came down to something like 6% above invoice in the end." Do you mean 6% above dealer costs?

Thanks!

#6 ·
I'm looking for a new 2017 subaru as well so I'm interested in this thread.

@Arnieduke, I don't know if your math adds up (not that it matters. as long as you're happy with what you've paid for). Please correct me if I miscalculated.

So working backwards, the overall price before GST is $43323 ($45489/1.05).
This works out to be around 15% above the invoice price $37643.

So when you said "I believe it came down to something like 6% above invoice in the end." Do you mean 6% above dealer costs?

Thanks!
Hey, your math is not off. What I didn't mention in my post was the additional financing coverage we opted for, which covers our payments in case I'm unable to work. What they offered was invoice ($37643) plus what they claimed as their cost (I believe it was freight and document fees) and then 5% on top of that. What we added afterwards was the protection package and the insurance and then 5% GST was on top of that.

If you go backwards from the final sales price and remove GST ($43323), then take off invoice plus 6% (which equals 5% plus their "cost fees"), you're at $2307. Take off the $999 and you'll have the price for the financing insurance ($1308). This is totally optional and you can opt out any time, but signing up is only possible at the time of purchase.

#8 ·
Was quoted the exact same cost of 37,643. , from an Ontario dealer. Leary about a salesman quoting their cost, as I did not think he is privy to that information. Most likely dealers have incentive rebate programs from head office on sales volume/promotions, that they receive.

#10 ·
No, if you factor in the exchange rate Canadian prices is possibly the lowest in the world.

Our Premier version aka Touring starts at $40k Cad, vs $36k USD, 36k USD = $50k CAD right now.

That's without sale taxes, and US version has TPMS while Canadians don't, it makes swapping tires/wheels much easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.