Subaru Outback Forums banner
G

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Showcase items About

• · Registered
    0 Posts
    Please excuse me for bothering you, but I have been following your thread from last year about installing the remote start in your 2001 Outback. I have done a lot of the same steps as you outlined, I have purchased the same remote start unit and everything. At this point I can confirm that I have 12v on all wires except the brake switch. And I cannot find the neutral safety switch wire and your posts did not include a picture of that hookup.

I was wondering if you can recall, is there supposed to be 12v on the brake switch when the pedal is not depressed?
    And what exactly did you do about the neutral safety switch? And by chance, was it manual or automatic?

EDIT: PS. My car is a 2000 Subaru Outback, so I expect most wiring would be nearly identical. The only difference may be, is that my car is a 5MT. However I have read that this fabled long saught neutral safety wire will allow a remote starter to run on these manual cars.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…