So what is up with these audio bursts on the forum threads? - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2014 OB 2.5 LTD CVT Automatic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down So what is up with these audio bursts on the forum threads?

Every once in a while when I enter a thread I hear audio playing that has no relation to any graphic on the page. It appears to be an advertisement for who knows what. It never occurs on the index page, just when entering a thread.

If it is intentional - STOP IT - you are going to get me fired!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 10:04 AM

Car: 2006 Outback XT Limited
Sounds like you need a better ad blocker. No way of knowing whether you're receiving the ads you're supposed to be getting, or if there is malware on your computer replacing the intended ads with other ads- that happens more and more these days.

With a good ad blocker you can nuke it all from orbit and post in peace.

XRT Tune in the works...
Hexmods F1 Performance Valve Body
2005-2009 Suspension Improvements
How to put a Modern Stereo in your 2005-2009 Outback with Automatic Climate Control
Did you know your 2005-2009 Outback has a built-in diagnostic scanner?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 11:04 AM

Car: 2002 Pair: VDC Wagon 3.0 & Outback Sedan 2.5 LTD
I notice it sometimes when I am not signed in. Very odd, and it made me think I had some other window open on a browser / program somewhere. (and this required a few minutes of thought).

Whichever Ad company is paying for this, and whoever is half @ssing the delivery, needs to really rethink their priorities in life and career. (how about a sabbatical in alaska,...maybe you all get eaten by grizzlies to make the world a better place).

I mean look at how bad things have gotten there,...please save the bears, give of yourself.

Avatar: a tribute to the tank man, 25 years missing, from the crooked polluted place that runs the planet.

VDC: Cooper Studded Snows, Sedan: Kumho Izen K22 unstudded. 2 sets Michelin Primacys hibernating.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 02:54 PM

Car: 2001 Outback Wagon 2.5L, 1967 Dodge Coronet 440
I noticed it too and it is really annoying. In google chrome a speaker icon appears the tabs of any webpages playing audio. This made it easy to determine the audio bursts are coming from this website only. If you have multiple pages from the website open, only one of them has the bursts. Closing the offending tab helps for a short time before another tab starts playing the bursts. I am going to make sure adblock plus is turned back on and see if it helps.

If the person who is responsible for the audio bursts is reading this they should realize all they are doing is making people angry, turning them away from the website, and losing customers for company selling the product or service in the audio busts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 03:26 PM

I use "flashblock" add-on. It stops EVERY flashplayer-based item that tries to stick itself onto my browser.

Using "flashblock", it is easy to selectively allow the flashplayer items I want to 'play' (like utube videos)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 07:29 PM

Car: 2014 Deep Indigo Pearl Outback 2.5i base 6MT
I keep my work computer on mute at all time

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post
I use "flashblock" add-on. It stops EVERY flashplayer-based item that tries to stick itself onto my browser.

Using "flashblock", it is easy to selectively allow the flashplayer items I want to 'play' (like utube videos)
I use plenty of blockers, of different kinds, this one is oddly just coming in under audio. And its for Canon.

Avatar: a tribute to the tank man, 25 years missing, from the crooked polluted place that runs the planet.

VDC: Cooper Studded Snows, Sedan: Kumho Izen K22 unstudded. 2 sets Michelin Primacys hibernating.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Are you all logged in when these are occuring?
KN
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Are you all logged in when these are occuring?
KN
THANK you for stepping up.

When I am not signed in on either a mac or a pc, using chrome,... I hear the crap thumping tones for and then a voice over Canon Pixma.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 01:43 PM

Car: 2013 2.5i Premium M6, 19mm,
Funny I usually have the sound muted, but not this time when I opened this ... here was sound, I'm not sure what it was selling.

I was NOT logged in at the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: