Profile update - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2017 Outback 3.6R Limited - EyeSight, etc.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Profile update

Love to update my profile as suggested but no visible way to do that - using mobile interface in my Fire.

And cannot send your proposed message because cannot get around your "I am a human" - it totally destroys ability to register! cannot get by it - appears to be broken to Chrome!

So . . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2017 Outback 3.6R Limited - EyeSight, etc.
This is me again - Carl. When I sign in here on my desktop, everything is hunky dory. The mobile interface I was using on my Fire 8 would NOT show me my profile, no matter what. And I could NOT get past the "I am NOT a robot" challenge. It would never give me a second shot, and the first one was about unintelligible. NOT a problem in this interface - just in the mobile one. And I tried it both in Chrome and whatever the Fire uses for a browser.

Not a big deal - just might frustrate a potential new member. Might try testing the mobile interface a bit more. Thanks.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 09:16 PM

Car: 2016 Limited 2.5 silver Eyesight
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlScheider View Post
This is me again - Carl. When I sign in here on my desktop, everything is hunky dory. The mobile interface I was using on my Fire 8 would NOT show me my profile, no matter what. And I could NOT get past the "I am NOT a robot" challenge. It would never give me a second shot, and the first one was about unintelligible. NOT a problem in this interface - just in the mobile one. And I tried it both in Chrome and whatever the Fire uses for a browser.

Not a big deal - just might frustrate a potential new member. Might try testing the mobile interface a bit more. Thanks.

Try "go to desktop site". I can do that on my phone (Apple).

Bill P. Albany area NY 2016 2.5 Silver Eyesight

Bill
2016 2.5 Limited Silver eyesight Albany Ny area

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Garage
Accessing your Profile is something that you need to either use a desktop, or exit out of the mobile view on your phone to access. The default mode (or Enhanced Mobile View) is a streamlined version for better viewing of the threads.

Not able to recreate the errors you had during registration. The Human Verification shouldn't be difficult to read, as we don't use the old version of anti-bot software. You are already on, so that's all for the good, but if you have time can you post a screenshot of what you saw when trying to register?

Kevin

Test
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: VDC Wagon 3.0 & Outback Limited Sedan 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Accessing your Profile is something that you need to either use a desktop, or exit out of the mobile view on your phone to access. The default mode (or Enhanced Mobile View) is a streamlined version for better viewing of the threads.

Not able to recreate the errors you had during registration. The Human Verification shouldn't be difficult to read, as we don't use the old version of anti-bot software. You are already on, so that's all for the good, but if you have time can you post a screenshot of what you saw when trying to register?

Kevin
on the captcha thing: do you think it would be OK to allow new members to post pics if they captcha-ed to do so? the modern one that asks you to click all the pics of road signs, houses, or bananas,

is not that hard. vs. the old "transcribe this illegible" crap.

see this thread, new member trying to post pics:
Introductions! My 2002 Outback L.L. Bean 3.0HB

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Garage
We call those the "fun captchas", and they are a different kettle of fish for us right now. Tested them out on a different site and they failed to complete for users. Something to do with our site software not being compatible, and we are looking into it.

The restriction of posting images/links is part of a different anti-spam measure we took. Only effects a users first few posts before it's lifted. Causes a bit of confusion at first, but stops the site from getting flooded by spam.

Kevin

Test
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
We call those the "fun captchas", and they are a different kettle of fish for us right now. Tested them out on a different site and they failed to complete for users. Something to do with our site software not being compatible, and we are looking into it.

The restriction of posting images/links is part of a different anti-spam measure we took. Only effects a users first few posts before it's lifted. Causes a bit of confusion at first, but stops the site from getting flooded by spam.

Kevin
please keep trying.

I have tried the click the pics captcha thing too, ....it took me few minutes to realize there as a line of text on the top that says to keep clicking until you see no more,

even if you make a mistake it keeps going though and will eventually give access. (so its not like a keep captchaing correctly, but still stuck in captcha jail thing).

and some of their houses vs. storefronts images vs. commercial buildings things are a bit not perfectly defined. I would think that the software will fix itself over some additional use though.

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans here:

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Garage
Did the captcha change recently? It looks like we're back to using solvemedia's type in word captcha.

This is what it looks like for me.

Lee

Test
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Did the captcha change recently? It looks like we're back to using solvemedia's type in word captcha.

This is what it looks like for me.

Lee

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Garage
The SolveMedia captcha seems to be working. Any other issues reported on this so far?

- JB

Test
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: