TapaTalk Removal - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 08:44 PM

Car: 1997 Legacy L wagon, 2007 Outback, 2013 Crosstrek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So Autoguide.com now *owns* the Subaruoutback.org forum and all the various other vehicle forums found in the Autoguide app? Or am I misunderstanding you?

brucey_lix_cox likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 08:53 PM

Car: 2006 Outback XT Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvmelbrty View Post
So Autoguide.com now *owns* the Subaruoutback.org forum and all the various other vehicle forums found in the Autoguide app? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Correct. I added the clarification in an edit to my last post.

This site was originally created by an individual, and at some point was bought out by autoguide. The same story appears to have played out in parallel by hundreds of others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Performance Valve Body

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Did you know your 2005-2009 Outback has a built-in

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 09:00 PM

Car: 1997 Legacy L wagon, 2007 Outback, 2013 Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasterman View Post
Correct. I added the clarification in an edit to my last post.

This site was originally created by an individual, and at some point was bought out by autoguide. The same story appears to have played out in parallel by hundreds of others.
Ok, now that explains everything! I had no idea Autoguide.com bought up all those forums including this one. .. Thought bubble appears over my head: "I wonder what a forum like this was worth to them??" ..

Anyway.. I wish they'd ditch their lamo mobile app.. but if they get and control all of the advertising with the help of their own app, I can see why they did it.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Premium Member

Car: '02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
TAPATALK IS NOT GONE!!! I use this site on my Galaxy S4 and tapatalk invaded when I clicked on a thread 10 minutes ago. I backed out of the forum completely, then attempted to log back in and received a 301 ERROR code that said the site had been moved.

So I backed out again, ran my antivirus program manually (it automatically runs every day as a precaution) but it didn't detect anything. So I reset my phone and the mobile stuff loaded, I got out of that to go to the full site, and tapatalk flashed on the top of my screen then went away. So I came here. WTH????

On another note, I sure wish that the mobile site wouldn't come up as the default, why go thru all the hoops and jump all the barrels? Why no immediate access to the full site instead of me having to answer the obligatory question of "why"? It's unfortunate that even though I have the full site bookmarked, if I clear my cache (which EVERYBODY does, or should anyway) the site goes straight to the mobile version.

No offense, but I detest the mobile version of this site. Why doesn't my bookmark survive me clearing the cache on my phone? What a pain in the ***.

But yeah, tapatalk is alive and well.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxterfan67 View Post
TAPATALK IS NOT GONE!!! I use this site on my Galaxy S4 and tapatalk invaded when I clicked on a thread 10 minutes ago. I backed out of the forum completely, then attempted to log back in and received a 301 ERROR code that said the site had been moved.

So I backed out again, ran my antivirus program manually (it automatically runs every day as a precaution) but it didn't detect anything. So I reset my phone and the mobile stuff loaded, I got out of that to go to the full site, and tapatalk flashed on the top of my screen then went away. So I came here. WTH????

On another note, I sure wish that the mobile site wouldn't come up as the default, why go thru all the hoops and jump all the barrels? Why no immediate access to the full site instead of me having to answer the obligatory question of "why"? It's unfortunate that even though I have the full site bookmarked, if I clear my cache (which EVERYBODY does, or should anyway) the site goes straight to the mobile version.

No offense, but I detest the mobile version of this site. Why doesn't my bookmark survive me clearing the cache on my phone? What a pain in the ***.

But yeah, tapatalk is alive and well.

Hi there,

If you are clearing your cache everyday, it will also remove the cookie that blocks the tapatalk prompt from showing up.

Also, keep in mind that there is a "Quick Style Chooser" drop down menu at the very bottom of the left hand side of the screen.

Have a nice day,

MEG
community support

Test
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 06:47 PM

Has tapatalk (or more specifically, the autoguide.com app) gone away again?

My Autoguide app stopped working earlier today. I was briefly presented with a popup error saying the plugin was not installed on the site, contact @administrator for information.

Any news on this?

Performance Valve Body

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
If you are still using the original app, we can no longer do anything to update or fix issues. We can only assist with the the new autoguide app, or the official tapatalk app in a limited fashion.

kevin

Test
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Premium Member

Car: '02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
I had to get rid of the TapaTalk ad banner as well this morning. Haven't had an issue since the last time I posted here. I clear my cache regularly and do not use any of the apps. I was finally able to get rid of it after clicking the well protected box, they do a really good job of moving the X all over the screen.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
If you are still using the original app, we can no longer do anything to update or fix issues. We can only assist with the the new autoguide app, or the official tapatalk app in a limited fashion.

kevin
New autoguide app?

Well sure enough, there are two Autoguide apps listed in the app store...

I'll try the new one and see if it's worth anything.

Nice stealth rollout!
boxterfan67 likes this.

Performance Valve Body

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Let us know how you guys the app, and if there are any suggestions/concerns regarding it.
All input is welcome.
Richard.

Test
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: