6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TapaTalk Removal

Hello Everyone,

Moving forward, Tapatalk will no longer be available on Subaru Outback. AutoGuide.com has made available for your download the AutoGuide App, available to Apple and Android Phones and Tablets. It’s available as a free or paid version. You can find it by searching “AutoGuide in the app store or by clicking here:www.autoguide.com/mobile/

The functionality of the free vs. paid app is the same; however, the major difference between the two is the presence of the advertisements, or absence thereof, respectively.

For users who access the forum using a mobile browser, you will not be prompted to download the app every time you access the forum. The prompt is cookie-based and will only happen once every 30 days, unless you delete all the cookies off your mobile device or use the browser’s incognito mode.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 05:07 AM

Car: 2006 Outback XT
Is there any support forum or mechanism for the Autoguide app?

In its current form (version 3.4) the AG app is a joke. Truly an embarrassing mark of shame against the VerticalScope and Autoguide brands.

Version 2 was just starting to get somewhere when 3.x dropped out of the exhaust pipe in January. It crashes quite a lot and has some major usability problems not seen in the previous edition.

It's already down to 1.5 stars on the Apple app store and that's even after an obvious astroturf effort by the publisher. Separately, I'm disappointed that Apple hasn't pulled the app, but they don't seem to curate their collection as well as they used to.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Well since the app is a branded version of tapatalk that runs on our server, it is the same thing. So tapatalk or the AG app all issues are the same. You could view the site on your mobile browser if you like?

HB
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 06:43 PM

Car: 2013 Subaru Outback limited 3.6R
I have no issues with my tapatalk app currently on my mobile phone, yet AG all has not worked since mid last year I believe- crashes after it logs in to the forum. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times. The advertisers/sponsors need to heed our call for tapatalk availibility. I rarely use this site now while am on a few other auto forums daily which are accessible through Tapatalk.

• 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
  • 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner V6
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 09:41 AM

Car: 2008 Outback 2.5i
I agree with Manik1770. Just drop the AG branded OLD version of Tapatalk.
Tapatalk is on version 4.x and AG is still on the old 3.x
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 11:24 AM

Car: 2002 Subaru Outback H6 L.L.Bean
I tried downloading the app today, all it does is crash continuously. I was so excited to find a way to go on the site on my iPhone too, such a shame the app doesn't work at all.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 11:27 AM

Car: 2006 Outback XT Limited
For what it's worth, it seems to be the malware embedded in the ads that causes the crashes. The ad-free ($4) version doesn't crash as much, though it still has some lousy bugs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Performance Valve Body

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Did you know your 2005-2009 Outback has a built-in

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 11:39 AM

I just put the free version on my iPad and it seems to be working, but on my iPhone it crashed continuously. Weird. They are both the newest versions, so they are almost the same spec wise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 11:42 AM

Car: 2006 Outback XT Limited
The ads seem to have different interactions based on the cookies it finds in your mobile browser. For a while the thing was spontaneously jumping to the app store to get me to buy some game, but only on one device- not on another, with a different browsing history.

Performance Valve Body

Did you know your 2005-2009 Outback has a built-in

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 11:43 AM

I think I'll take your word and pony up for the paid version

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: