VIN number help please - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By idosubaru

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
VIN number help please

Hi I'm new to this site.Hope someone could help me find the VIN number for our car. It is a 2004 Outback 3.0 R wagon -has "Subaru Boxer H6" written on the engine.
The number etched into the firewall is "BPE-017032". Country code will be "JF1"?.
A photo of the tag in engine bay is attached.
thx, Jo

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Subaru tag.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	323594  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:24 AM

Car: OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what country - is this NZ?

Look for other VIN number locations - drivers side door jam, the front corner of the drivers side top of the dash, etc. Can google it i'm sure.

1 Lucky Texan likes this.

H6 OBW VDC, H6 OB Sedan, Tribeca, Lifted XT6
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:13 PM

Car: 2001 Outback H6 canadian edition with JDM Lancaster VTD 4EAT
your car is a third generation
in north american in 2004 we were still with the second generation

2001 Canadian Outback H6, kinda like a H4 limited with a better drivetrain, now riding with a JDM Lancaster engine and VTD transmission, soon with a WRX VTD controller

1999 Dodge Avenger aka Black Beauty, my summer beast

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:20 PM

Car: Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
Garage
What's it say on your title?

My other Subarus are Subarus.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You'll have to pry my frameless windows from my cold dead hands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: VDC Wagon 3.0 & Outback Limited Sedan 2.5
that is a 2004 3.0R 245hp car in NZ = similar to a 2005 one in the US / Canada. where this particular board is located.

discussion of cars like yours is here:
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...n-3-2005-2009/

I think all NZ subaru cars are actually made in Japan. "JF1"= made by fuji in japan.
(I guess some were even JDM used and exported whole and running?)

this is a vin decoder of US spec cars,...some of which are made in Japan and imported to america. (others are made in the US and sold in the US and Canada)
VIN: how to read a Subaru Vehicle Identification Number

I moved your initial post to the NZ / Aussie section, ...more people ask the same question,...(US / Canadian spec years are one year off the rest of the world,...).

edit: and I have a vin decoder in my signature on another subaru forum. ...don't know if it will work on your car.

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans here:

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:00 AM

Car: 2000 Outback Limited, Dual Range 5 Speed
Mine is attached to the strut towers between the strut mount and the guard mounting starts with JF2BH and also stamped on the firewall, this is an Aus vehicle.

Don't follow me i may be looking for a cache!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:38 PM

Car: 1999 Outback Limited Manual EJ25
I'm in Australia and not familiar with JDM idiosyncracies but here's my $0.02 worth:
- BPE-017032 corresponds to the heading "VIN" on the plate and is in the same location on the plate as Australian VIN's (albeit right-justified and less than half the length), so I'd assume that to be the VIN.
- BP indicates a BP-series Outback. If yours doesn't look at all like the one pictured that'll be...interesting. These were manufactured from 2003-2009 and referred to as 3rd Gen in Australia and 2nd Gen in North America.
- In Australia the VIN is recorded on registration documents and I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case elsewhere. If you hold importation or registration documents for your car the VIN should be stated thereon.

1999 Limited 2.5L MT (Gen 3 Australia, Gen 2 USA) 361,000 km (224,000 miles) and counting.
King Raiser springs, 15" rims (standard rims from previous model Outback) with GT Savero AT+ all-terrain tyres, Whiteline front & rear sway bars, single mass clutch, light bullbar, Lightforce 170 Striker driving lights, Lamin-x yellow tint on fog lights plus yellow Optilux globes, Hella LEDayline 4 DRL's, UHF radio, solar charge controller wired to starter battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: