Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Profile: cardoc

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 79
  1. kbklarry
    02-17-2015 08:49 PM - permalink
    Hello Cardoc

I have the common symptom of a constant VDVDCight and flashing brake light. It began when I replaced a weak battery in our 2010 Legacy with an Interstate from COSTCO. I'm no car mechanic but I was surprised that the positive terminal was painted black. My wife used the car once and it ran gone. The second time she tried to use it the car was dead and those two lights started acting up. I tried to charge the battery to no avail. I then removed the positive cable clamp and sanded off the black paint. Then, the car started and has run well since, except those darn lights are still on. You have responded to others to check the battery and cable. What exactly do you mean?

2. Xtech
    01-30-2015 12:27 PM - permalink
    hey cardoc, where are ya? really could use the advice/services of a subaru master
  3. Jrmyrobert83
    08-22-2014 04:55 AM - permalink
    Hey doc what hood do you have on your OB?
  4. maxon1900
    06-17-2014 02:40 PM - permalink
    What brand o2 sensor would you recommend for an 02 outback h6?
  5. caseyls
    05-02-2014 01:52 AM - permalink
    It's almost been a month since you've signed in! Everything alright?
  6. Jaw-V
    04-15-2014 11:49 PM - permalink
    Yo I just saw one of ur many many informal posts and notices the back is clear/white on the reflectors how did you get that?
  7. eagleeye
    04-14-2014 02:48 PM - permalink
    Hope all is well with the Car-doctor. (not signed in since Wednesday 4/9 ?)
  8. Suby2001
    04-10-2014 08:29 PM - permalink
    I would appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks, and sorry for the mess on your wall. Order is backwards.
  9. Suby2001
    04-10-2014 08:28 PM - permalink
    After 7 min of warming up I'm trying to drive but there's no way I can, the car is in the stage of a "hitting a wall" or "loss of power" and hesitating. And only happens under load, doesn't happen in neutral. I had to stop and put emergency lights on, because the car wasn't moving faster than 2 miles per hour and it doesn't matter how much you pushing on the pedal. However sometimes It's getting better(pushing on the pedal and sounds like the air stuck somewhere, with a sound of misfire-very rarely but it happens) Here's the tricky part, after 2500-3000 rpm it takes a second breath and drives like crazy, no issues, no hesitation, a lot of power, until it goes back to low rpm, and becoming badly again, sometimes even dying. On the parking works great, responds great. Tranny shifts good, around 2500-3000 rpm Also, when I pulled the MAP sensor it was all oily, and inside of manifold looks kinda oilish? Don't know if that's okay?
  10. Suby2001
    04-10-2014 08:27 PM - permalink
    Next thing what we did, checked for the Fuel pressure, which was good, and cylinders pressure two of them were around 120 and two of them around 95-100, which I think is Okay.. Next thing, got the MAP sensor from ebay used one,installed and cleared the codes after, drove around didn't feel any difference, CEL is on again - MAP sensor. GOT new knock sensor with a TPS sensor, installed it today and cleared the codes, and no difference. Ordered the MAP sensor from ebay again, but they send the wrong one, doesn't fit on mine, it's more for 2004 legacy or others, so had to send it back. Mine part is Bosch 0261230013, and of course autozone or advancedAutoParts don't have it. Ebay has it but for Hyundai which is okay I think? So I'm planning to get that one.
    Here's what the car is doing: start's up and RPM are going to 2500 right away, then slowly goes back to 900-1000 , and shakes; sometimes badly and sometimes not really noticeable.

About Me

• About cardoc
    Automotive build, repair, modify 25 years
    Austin, Texas
    Cars first, all else follows
    Service Advisor/Master Tech
    Your Car
    2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
  • Signature
    Sleeper VDC
    P0420 Diagnosis

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 04-09-2014 08:11 AM
  • Referrals: 8

Showing Friends 1 to 10 of 11
  • 147_Grain
  • 73ronson
  • cloudhopper
  • Joelz33
  • kilowattcommando
  • mchance1984
  • nussphoto
  • Remixtup
  • suberus
  • Thetifc

Arcade Statistics

• Leaderboard Rank: Not ranked
  • Game Started: 0
  • Games Finished: 0
  • Time Spent Playing: 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds

11:15 AM - RedGeminiPA mentioned cardoc in post Thinking of selling my 02 VDC and getting an 07-09 2.5
...o stated, including cardoc
02:46 PM - gen2lover mentioned cardoc in post Cylinder 6 misfire
.... Saw thread about cardoc helping out a local ...
11:31 PM - tilldain mentioned cardoc in post p420 code help on this. in the cardoc diagnosis thread. th...

Thread Tags

No results to display...

10:35 PM - hebert.mike quoted cardoc in post 05XT possible engine / turbo rebuild or swap
Simpler: ej20x legacy 2.0g...
12:49 PM - stepen quoted cardoc in post Deleted Posts
11:47 PM - VTBikeman quoted cardoc in post Which way to turn the headlight adjusters?
Here ya go. One is left/ri...
10:42 PM - outinthewoods quoted cardoc in post '96 Outback RPM oscillates and stalls at idle, bucks under load intermittently
And for a grand, I would ho...
05:22 PM - Eric The Red quoted cardoc in post hydraulic tensioner failure @ 70k miles
...up in the air. Hey Cardoc, I had my timing j...
12:17 PM - jeffjs quoted cardoc in post P0420 Diagnosis
There are several reasons a...
10:26 AM - shuey79 quoted cardoc in post P0420 Diagnosis
.... Anytime you see a wav...
04:26 PM - Southern Soobie quoted cardoc in post 2001 Outback H6 Intermittent Overheating
Get a funnel and some coola...
03:29 PM - babiker712 quoted cardoc in post Deleted Posts

Feedback Score

iTrader Profile Recent Ratings
Feedback Score:
Positive Feedback:
Members who left positive:
Members who left negative:
Total positive feedback: 2
Submit Feedback
6 Months
12 Months