Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    '17 Outback 3.6r Touring
    13 Posts
    Hi Ed,

From all the postings I have read you clearly are the man to speak to about performance modifications when it comes to Subarus. I have a 2017 3.6r Outback that I have been modifying. After doing, what I consider minor modifications, I feel confident to start taking on more in depth performance enhancements. To date the modifications I've made include lifting the car with 2" Strut Spacers W/ Multi Link Spacers ( Front:: 2", Rear:: 2-3/8" ), replacing the 18" wheels with Method MR501 RALLY Titanium Wheels and BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 All-Season Radial Tires - LT245/65R17/D 111S, replacing battery with Optima 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery, and installing a Pedal Commander throttle response controller.

Would you suggest next installing an aFe TR-4304P Takeda Stage-2 Cold Air Intake System, replacing exhaust system, then flashing ECM?

Would greatly appreciate your input and suggestions as to how I should proceed.

Josh

· Registered
    0 Posts
    Good morning,

I just spent a good portion of yesterday reading cardocs thread about the supercharged H6. Are you still doing tuning? I’m considering a supercharger as well, but for now I would be very interested in an NA tune. I’m pretty new to Subaru’s in general, I’ve got a 2003 Outback H6.

· Registered
    2013 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ Eyesight
    8 Posts
    Hey! I've got a 2013 OB 3.6R Limited 5eat and was planning on tuning it, but it's still got a bit on the factory warranty. Do you know if these models have a flash counter? I've been looking around but I can't find anyone who knows whether it does or not.
    Thank you!

· Premium Member
    2014 Outback 3.6R Limited
    124 Posts
    Hello my name is Joel (User name-JoelH.) I just bought a 2014 OB 3.6R 5eat.
    I just found out about your tuning. I don't know anything about this and I found you while looking for a answer on deleting my top speed limiter.
    Can you do that?
    Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the performance of my powertrain and I have no racing asperations. However, I would like to learn more about what else can be done to my ride.
    Thanks in advance,
    Joel H.

· Registered
    4 Posts
    Good morning,

I have used Cobb products on my 02 WRX and headed there first once I confirmed the purchase of my new car. It was after getting both of those that I found this forum and the thread for your EAT tune.

I just purchased the Tactrix Openport 2.0 from their website so it will be a couple of days before it gets here and I will look into selling the AP later. It is unfortunate that I didn't find your information first but that is how research goes, you start with what you know then find the links to newer information.

As I mentioned earlier, I am not looking for anything more than really optimizing the Outback and it's capabilities as a road trip car I may add a downpipe and exhaust at some point but not really in the near future. I am focusing more on wheels, brakes and suspension first and I think your tuning would really compliment those changes.

Jeff

· Registered
    4 Posts
    Hi Ed, I've been reading about your progress with tuning the 5EAT on the forums - it looks like you have been getting very good results!

I'm in Australia and am looking to buy a 3.6R Outback with 5EAT transmission, however one of the big sticking points is the transmission - particularly slow/late shifting and take-off lag. It looks like your ECU flash will address this - do you provide this servie in Australia, and are there any problems with using the mod on an Australian model rather than US? What is involved in applying the mod/flash?

Many thanks
    Pete

· Registered
    2014 Outback 3.6R, 2016 Outback 3.6R
    148 Posts
    Ed -

Greetings. traildogck says you may have some programming best practices for my Gen4 OB 5AT.

Happy Thanksgiving,

3.6luvr

· Registered
    2005 3.0 Rn Outback Auto
    24 Posts

· Registered
    2007 3.0R OB
    5 Posts
    Hi Edward,

I don't know why but all my emails to you are bouncing back. So I'll send my message here for now.

In what system do you want your logging? MEtric, STD or Imperial?

Regards.

GL
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…