Carter Subaru, Seattle, WA (Joe Spitz) - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2006 OB 3.0R VDC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Carter Subaru, Seattle, WA (Joe Spitz)

Hi, guys,

I just got a car from Joe Spitz at Carter Subaru in Seattle. Great experience & price. Joe is a straight shooter, no over-promisses and no games. The transaction was done over email and some phone/fax. His website is www.cars101.com

I haven't serviced it there yet, but I will report if and when it happens.

klaus.

-----------------------
2006 OB 3.0R VDC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Gallery Ninja

Car: 2004 Outback "Bluebaru" & 2005 Outback XT
Same guy I bought my car from. Cool salesman huh? (as in, not so "sales-e")

I use to live a few houses down from him and I always wondered who the guy was with all the different new Subaru's. Later I found out who he was and then even later we bought our XT from him.

Anyhow, was there anything tricky about puchasing a car here in the US and then transfering title and whatnot to B.C.?

Here is who to look for:

Ancient moderator of color and bokeh. Boxxerace Outback Gallery:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2006 OB 3.0R VDC
Good guy. The crossborder thing is worth another post It was not bad, but you have to follow steps in the correct order and do the due dilligence in advance. There were a couple of tricky ones, but now I have my license plates on the car

klaus.

-----------------------
2006 OB 3.0R VDC

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 04:03 AM
Submod

Car: 2000 BMW R1150gs
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Weird...

Before buying my used suby, back in NY, I did some research during which I found and read his website Cars101.com but I didn't pickup on that he worked at Carter.

Since, I've moved to WA and forgotten about the site. I think it was last December when I stopped at Carter for the first time to ask about a few repair quotes. Tonight I revisited his website, remembered how informational it was, and thought I'd recommend it to anyone here doing research that's when I spotted his link to Carter but also noted that he looked familiar. Finally after coming to this post I put 1+1+1 together and realized he was the nice guy I talked to when I stopped in.

What a long journey being a suby freak has taken me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 02:38 PM

Car: 2008 2.5i LTD
+1 for Joe @ Carter - he rocks!!!
No BS, no cheesy sales pitches, strictly business... me likey!
After seeing how much some people paid on here for comparable cars to mine, I feel like we did very, very well with absolutely no haggling at all.
Can't say enough good things about him and my experience with Carter.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Submod

Car: 2000 BMW R1150gs
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How was your importing it to BC experience? I'm assuming Joe helped you with that to.

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 04:08 PM

Car: 2008 2.5i LTD
Yeah, Joe was able to make the importing very easy. He supplied me with all the info / paperwork I needed before picking up the car so everything was in order when I hit customs, no surprises. The only "snag" I had was trusting Canada Customs to fax my paperwork into RIV (the Canadian agency in charge of registering imported vehicles) , they didn't do it and it cost me about a week (which is agonizing when you have a brand new car in your driveway that you can't drive!!!). Other than that very minor problem the whole experience was a snap - especially to save the amount of money we did ($10K+).
I would not hesitate to buy another vehicle from the states and import it.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 06:54 AM

Car: 08 OB 3.0R Beaner
Quote:
Originally posted by BlackEddy
I would not hesitate to buy another vehicle from the states and import it.
Same here and I'd go with Joe agian although I might not buy until after inspecting the car. Mine had some small damage and it looks like a couple of the wheels/rims were swapped for some reason (cosmetic reasons I suspect).

I've seen that before where the car sits in a lot before being picked up. Nothing like my P71 (auction) which had tires replaced with bald mismatched set and everything not glued down taken including the trunk liner! Some folks resent others getting a deal.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 07:08 PM

Car: 2008 Quartz Silver Outback 2.5i, 5MT
Hi,

I bought my 2008 Outback 2.5i from Joe Spitz a few weeks ago. It was the easiest car buying experience I've ever had.

My first car buying experience in 1995 was terrible. 13 years later I still have a bad taste in my mouth from it, so I didn't want to repeat that. So once I decided on the Outback, I read a bunch of info on how to buy a car, all the games and different things some bad car dealers try to pull on you, etc. So I felt like I was ready to take on the biggest baddest car dealers out there. Arrrggggh, bring it on!

I took as many parts of the car buying process out of the dealers hands that I could think of. I decided not to do a trade-in and sell my car myself and I got my own financing all set up before trying to buy the car. Then I went through Costco Auto to see if they could show me the price of a Outback 2.5i. There's a funny story about that process but I'll save that for another time. Anyway, I got the price quote of $22,192 after the $1000 rebate. I thought that sounded pretty good.

I've heard great things about Joe Spitz so I decided to see if he could find me the car. So I filled out the internet form and offered $22,192 for a Quartz Silver Outback 2.5i, manual transmission with no options. I heard back from Joe very quickly saying to give him a call. I called him and he did a search and he said "I found a Quartz Silver Outback 2.5i, manual transmission with auto dimming mirror and all-weather floor mats and I can get that for you for $21,500 (after rebate)." I was very confused by this. I just did all this research about big bad car salesmen and this guy just quoted me a price that was lower than I offered. Huh? I don't think Joe has time for confusion cuz he said, "Think about it and call me back if you want it." :-) I called him back about 30 minutes later and said, "I'll take it".

Once the car was at the dealer, my fiance and I went down to pick it up. We met Joe. He was really cool. He told us a ton about the car in his super fast, no BS style and then we went to the finance guy. I forget his name (it may have been Travis) but he was very cool too. He told us about the warranties, bluetooth, etc. We signed the papers and then Joe took us out to the car. He went over pretty much every feature of the car. It was very cool. My fiance wished she had someone go over all the features like that when she bought her new car a while ago.

Anyway, that was my experience. It was so simple I couldn't believe it. I would not buy a car any other way from here on. My fiance said the same thing. I think I've experience more hassle buying something at Best Buy than buying a car through Joe Spitz. :-)
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 PM

Car: 2007 SpecB/2008 Outback LTD
Thumbs up Another GREAT no pressure salesperson

I have to say....I have bought 9 Subarus from Carter Subaru in Shoreline, WA over the years. Never had bad experience! The last 2 cars I purchased ( Spec B and Outback Ltd wagon) was an even better buying experience. My salesperson was a "mate" named Scotty ...A nice South African fella that made my buying experience one to remember...very thoughtful...very knowledgeable and most importantly...he told me the truth every step of the way. He also told me he would make the buying process as easy as it could possibly be (all things given). I felt comfortable with him...my wife loved him...so did our somewhat cranky mutt of a dog (triscuit). He is very calm and made you feel that you made a very good decision. You walk away feeling you just made a good friend. He also gave us a very good deal and fair value on our trades.

I recommend Scotty and Carter Subaru to everyone I know. Very reliable and trustworthy service.

* Side note: I forgot to tell Scotty I was longtime Buyer from Carter as he indicated he was new to the Carter family. He passed with flying colors!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: