Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    2013 OB 2.5 Ltd, Brilliant Brown Pearl, SAP
    189 Posts
    Rich,
    I wanted to first thank you for all your hard work on the 2013 Nav hack.
    I have the 2013 SAP with Aha upgrade and my dealer is upgrading the software next week to solve whatever issues SOA has worked.
    I want to do the vehicle speed signal hack, as simply as I can.
    I think I've understood from your early posts that putting the 12V signal into pin 17 of Connector E without the relay installed (leaving the green wire open) had no negative effects on your system (speedometer, dead reckoning, etc.).
    Did I understand that right?
    That would say that the pin 17 input to the HU is only for the NAV function and the VSS signal for any other system functions goes through different harness connectors.

In any case, I would appreciate anything you could share that helps me decide how to install just the VSS NAV hack as simply as I can. I'd love to do it with a separate harness if I knew how to reliably remove pin 17 from Connector E and install a different wire there.

Ron

· Premium Member
    2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
    821 Posts
    Just to update you, I have all the parts for the hack, and know how I'm going to do it, but last weekend my Nav lost the signal and totally froze. Haven't seen that before (I have the AHA upgrade). Given that and the problems others are having, I'm putting the project on temporary hold until I'm comfortable that I won't have to take my Nav in for warranty work soon.

Thanks again for the advice and all the hard work.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…