Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums - View Profile: mdconvert

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. awdsvx
    03-11-2015 06:56 PM - permalink
    awdsvx
    F.Y.I. If you are going to buy a Gentex Auto-dim rear view mirror, I know the wiring harness is different between a Donnelly & Gentex. Both harnesses are the same where it connects to the wiringing harness in the headliner, but both companies use a different type of connector where the wiringing harness plugs into the rear of the mirror. If you buy a Gentex mirror off EBay, make sure the seller is including the Gentex wiring harness, or you have to get it through a local Subaru dealer, at which point, you will need to know the year & model of the Car it came off from for them to start searching for a wiring harness for you.

Also, make sure the EBay seller does not cut the wiring harness, which I see allot of them do, cause it easier to just cut the wiring harness instead of them taking their time and actually disconnect it properly inside the headliner. And at that point you will end up going to the dealer anyway. Just my observation.
  2. mdconvert
    03-10-2015 07:53 AM - permalink
    mdconvert
    Good advice. I'll look for a Gentex. Thanks again.
  3. awdsvx
    03-10-2015 01:18 AM - permalink
    awdsvx
    I have only come across one Outback that had a auto-dim rear view mirror, & it was already smashed in the junkyard. Those items are few & far to get. Even the Subaru Forestors that I have look in, usually only have a regular rear view mirror. You better off, buying one off EBay. Probably, EBay prices are still better than Subaru dealer prices.

F.Y.I. I think there are 2 manufacurers that make the Auto-Dim mirrors for Subaru;
    Donnelly & Gentex.

From your picture, kind of hard to see, but I think you have a Donnelly. I have read online, that Gentex was better than Donnelly mirrors because of Auto-Dim quality & performance.

About Me

• About mdconvert
    Biography
    New owner of 2002 Outback
    Your Car
    2002 OBW LL Bean

Statistics

Total Posts
Albums
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 05-20-2015 11:57 AM
  • Referrals: 0

Arcade Statistics

• Leaderboard Rank: Not ranked
  • Game Started: 0
  • Games Finished: 0
  • Time Spent Playing: 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds

Mentions

No results to display...

Thread Tags

No results to display...

Quotes

01-13-2015
10:14 AM - grossgary quoted mdconvert in post Blower fan not coming on until you hit a bump (fan already replaced)
I can't say for sure if this h...

Feedback Score

iTrader Profile Recent Ratings
Feedback Score:
Positive Feedback:
0%
Members who left positive:
Members who left negative:
Total positive feedback: 0
Submit Feedback
  Past
Month